work for it - Marshall/MC (Explicit)

She can practically feel his hands on her already. Even from the other side of the crowded bar, it's like he's touching her, his hands roaming her sides and over her hips and along the curves of her backside. Squeezing her thighs together, Selena turns back to her friends, trying to pay attention to what they're saying... but it's impossible to concentrate. Not when she can sense the eyes on her from across the room, eyes that seem like they can see through her layers of clothing to the nakedness beneath.

From almost the moment she stepped inside, she was aware of him. He has a certain presence about him, one that's drawn the attention of every single woman in the building along with as that of some men. Looking like sin personified as he casually sprawls in a booth with his buddies, completely confident in his own skin. He's got the look of a man who knows he's getting laid tonight.

And he's been looking at her, undressing her with his sultry gaze. Silently leaving her in no doubt of exactly what he wants to do to her... and have her do to him. Every time he wraps his black-tipped fingers around his pint glass, she feels them on her waist, on her hips, on her breasts. Every time he brings it to his mouth, his lips curving around the glass, she imagines them on her mouth, on her throat... between her legs. And every time she meets his dangerous gaze, she can see the silent invitation there. Daring her to make the first move, to give a signal.

And she's tempted — extremely tempted. As the girls keep telling her, the best way to get over someone is to get under someone else, and the knowing looks they keep sending in her direction are all she needs to know she has their blessing. At this point, she's not looking for a date or anything serious, but this guy? This guy's practically got a "one night only" billboard flashing above his head. One night that leaves his partners begging for more.

It's just what she needs to get back in the game.

Selena looks over again, and this time he raises a black eyebrow before glancing at the darkened hallway. Her lips curve upwards, but instead of getting out of her seat, she turns to her girls.

"Let's dance," she says, and they immediately agree.

Her hips sway as she heads to the dance floor, but she makes a point of not looking in his direction. She hasn't fully decided what she wants to do yet, and she's not quite ready to throw caution to the wind.

Besides... if he wants her, he should come and claim her. He may be the one all the women in the room are looking at, but she's hardly oblivious to the looks sent in her own direction from other men. And although he's the only one she's interested in, she'd put money on him getting possessive the moment someone else tries to make a move.

Her body effortlessly picks up the rhythm of the music, and she doesn't need to look around the room to know how many pairs of eyes are on her — she can feel them as vividly as the hands she runs up and down the length of her body, along her sides and over her swaying hips. Yet none of them does she feel as intensely as those of the one man she's interested in, the one she's so attuned to that despite the volume of the music and the din of conversation, she can hear his approaching footsteps.

Selena knows he's there before his hands glide over her sides, yet still she gasps at the sudden heat of his touch. If there were any doubt of who's behind her, one glance down dispels it. Nails painted black, ink crawling up olive-skinned arms, a possessive grip as he tugs her backwards into his hard body. It's everything she expected and more somehow, stoking the flame of desire that's been burning within her since she laid eyes on him.

Okay, yes. She wants him. She's ready to admit it to herself, even before she feels his warm breath on her skin. Her mouth waters as his fingers curl around her hips, a shiver travels up her spine as his lips brush along the shell of her ear, and heat pools low in her belly as he rocks his hips into her, leaving her in no doubt of the effect she has on him.