𝟎𝟎𝟐.

" my friend rocket here has escaped twenty-two prisons

" my friend rocket here has escaped twenty-two prisons." peter gestured to the raccoon. cassandra nodded slowly.
" oh, we are getting out. and then we're headed straight to yondu to retrieve your bounty.. then we're gonna eat the kid."

cassandra glared at rocket, and peter glanced back at him. "first of all, you're not eating my kid, you pyscho, and second of all, how much was the buyer willing to pay you for the orb?" he gestured a hand at gamora.

"four billion units." gamora answered simply.

cassandra's eyes widened slightly."holy shit, really?"

"yeah, holy shit." peter nodded in agreement, too shocked by the amount to correct cassandra's language, which he found himself doing alot, even though he didnt actually care. it was just more of a morality thing. his mother always corrected his language growing up, and peter always aspired to be as amazing of a parent as she was. what a wonderful woman meredith quill was. gamora nodded. " that orb is my opportunity to get away from thanos and ronan. if you free us, i'll lead you to the buyer directly and i'll split the profit between the four of us."

"i am groot." groot grumbled tiredly, sitting up and adjusting himself onto his elbows. cassandra glanced over at him. "when did you wake up?"

"asleep for the danger, awake for the money, as per frickin' usual."

-

"cease your yammering and relieve us from this irksome confinement." 'drax the destroyer', or the pyschotic prisoner who somehow forced his way with them, muttered.

"yeah, i'm agreeing with the walking thesaurus." peter mumbled from beside drax, and drax looked over at him with furrowed brows, an offended expression on his face. "do not ever call me a thesaurus."

"it's a metaphor, idiot." cassandra mumbled, and rocket chuckled."his people are completely literal. metaphors go straight over his head."

"nothing goes over my head. my reflexes are too fast. i would catch it." drax stated surely, and both cassandra and gamora sighed.

"i'm gonna die surrounded by the biggest idiots in the galaxy."

prison guards round the watch tower, large guns held in their grasps. peter whistled. "those are some big guns."

"that sounded gay." cassandra hummed, and peter rolled his eyes in response to her comment. "smart-ass." he muttered.

gamora sighed." hey, rodent, we're ready for your plan."

"okay- hold on!"

"i recognize this animal. we'd roast them over a flame pit as children. their flesh was quite delicious." drax stated in a dark voice that made cassandra sure that this was definitely not helping rocket.