𝟎𝟎𝟒.

cassandra watched gamora as she walked

cassandra watched gamora as she walked. she walked quick and rough; like she needed to get somewhere. which, technically, she does, but cassandra knows that gamora doesn't care about rocket as much as the rest of them do. this gamora's never even spoken to him.

cassandra realizes that she's starting to sound like her dad- this gamora and that gamora. a gamora they once knew, loved.

cassandra followed this gamora out the door, the others following close behind them. gamora stared forward as she began to speak. "nebula, quinn, the kid, and i will get to the records and get the passkey." cassandra assumes that the kid refers to her, even though she's twenty-five, and not a kid. she glanced back at drax and mantis. "bug and doofus, access the spaceport through the elevator, so tree can land and get us out of here." as she ended that sentence, peter's shoulder collided with a man in a white coat who's appearance, honestly, creeped cassandra out.

"apologies." the man mumbled. peter turned back and offered a hand out. "no problem."

suddenly, gamora turned to mantis and drax. "go." voice hushed and hurried, which make mantis and drax quickly sneak off towards the elevator. cassandra followed gamora, nebula, and her dad.

gamora peeked around the corner, gaze lingering on something in the room, which cassandra couldn't see. "that manager should have access to the records." she whispered to the others. peter, instead of peeking over, completely loomed himself into the doorframe which made cassandra roll her eyes before peeking over gamora's shoulder. a woman stood in a room of orange hue, fingers working against a pad. she had short hair and deep orange complexion and cassandra can imagine her being a completely normal lady who somehow got wrapped up in their bullshit. she also vaguely remembers a girl she made out with a few years ago looking like her; unlike her dad, she doesn't 'hook-up' with people so there's a very little catalog of people there. it's women, entirely. that cassandra is sure of. she could never see herself finding a man attractive.

gamora nodded towards the woman. "if the passkey is here, she can get it for us."

a grin suddenly made it's way across her dad's face. "alright." he started, and cassandra knew immediately where this was going. "i'll handle this."

"how?" gamora hummed, and cassandra is a hundred percent sure that she knows how peter plans on doing this, but she just wants to hear him say it.

a beat. "pure star-lord charm."

"dad, please."

"you'll understand one day, kid. you're a quill, it comes natural. you already were doing it earlier with that guard." he grinned at her, placing a quick hand on cassandra's shoulder before sauntering past her and into the room. cassandra cringed at the implication that her dad thought she was flirting with that guard, because she wasn't and she never would. cassandra turned to gamora, "this is going to be embarrassing." she warned her, and gamora nodded with raised brows.