𝟎𝟎𝟏.

2017

2017.

"show time, a-holes! it'll be here any minute.", peter announced, looking around at the others. gamora adjusted her gun in her holster. "which will be it's last."

peter glanced back at her, brows furrowed in confusion. "i thought your thing was swords?"

"we've been hired to stop an inter-dimensional beast from feeding on those batteries and i'm going to stop it with a sword?" gamora asked slowly, brows raised. "it's just.. swords were your thing and guns were mine, but.. i guess we're both doing guns now. i just didn't know that." peter shrugged his shoulders, and cassandra stifled a laugh into her knuckles. "i didn't say anything funny," peter looked over his shoulder at her. "so i don't know why you're laughing, but.."

"no, no.. i just thought of something funny." cassandra mumbled. "bullshit." rocket laughed, winking towards peter. cassandra rolled her eyes. "i could see that, dumbass."

"oh, you could? shit."

gamora sighed and looked around at the group, and her brows furrowed when she looked at drax. "drax, why aren't you wearing one of rocket's aero-rigs?"

"it hurts."

"hurts?"

"i have sensitive nipples." drax admitted sheepishly.

rocket started bursting out laughing, while cassandra had the decency to try to hold it in, turning her head away and whimpering out a laugh.

"oh! my nipples hurt!" rocket rubbed his nipples mockingly. "oh goodness me!"

drax huffed. "what about him?" he gestured to rocket, who was working on what resembled a somewhat unfinished radio. "what's he doing?"

rocket shrugged. "i'm finishing this so we can listen to tunes while we work."

"how is that important?"

"blame quill!" he gestured to peter, so they knew which quill he was talking about. "he's the one who loves his music so much!"

"no, i actually agree with drax on this, that's hardly important right now."

rocket nodded and winked dramatically at peter. "oh, okay, quill."

"no seriously, i side with drax."

rocket winked again. "i get it, you're being totally serious right now."

drax rolled his eyes. "i can clearly see you winking!"

"damn, i'm using my left eye?"

cassandra sighed loudly, tipping her head back. "how do you do that two times in a row!?"

the group look up to see the albilisk flying towards them from the sky, and they all readied their weapons.

"well, that's intense."