𝟎𝟎𝟗.

drax pried the door open with only slight struggle– as he pried the door open, they were met with a large group of the high evolutionary's guards already waiting for them, and immediately starting to shoot at them at first sight

drax pried the door open with only slight struggle– as he pried the door open, they were met with a large group of the high evolutionary's guards already waiting for them, and immediately starting to shoot at them at first sight. immediately, cassandra reached for one of her guns, her larger one that had been, almost uncomfortably, straddled to her hip, and she began firing it without much aim, which took out about three of the guards. cassandra maybe had always held a chaotic fighting style– because she isn't really great at fighting, improvisation and chaos work in her favor most of the time. she slid underneath the large, wriggling branch groot had formed to take out multiple guards just as rocket was crawling across it and she shifted underneath one of the guard's arm, aiming and shooting through his shoulder, the bullet piercing through his shoulder to his skull, a nasty mix of brain, blood, and mechanics splurging through his skull, some loose blood splattering to her face, which she cringed at. "gross." she sighed to herself, before grabbing the arm of the guard as he was falling and throwing him into another guard, aiming her gun and shooting a bullet through their skulls, collectively sending them to the floor together, just as another guard grabbed her arm. cassandra quickly turned and elbowed the guard in the lower chest before pressing her gun directly to his skull and firing, sending her knee into his groin as he buckled forward. she let out a sharp exhale as she ducked to avoid mantis, who leaped over her to reach another guard. cassandra landed on her knees and quickly slid between one of the guard's knees and pushed herself to her feet, avoiding a series of bullets and a splatter of weird, spud-like internal organs from the impact of gamora's sword.

then it was over, and they were standing in the dust and atop alot of bodies, and cassandra cringed slightly at the feeling of the blood drying on her face. she slowly reached forward and wiped the blood from her cheek.

".. nasty." she whispered to herself, which peter breathlessly chuckled at.

-

"there's a big hole up in the deck!" her dad explained, breathlessly, as they ran down the hallway. "if we can connect that to knowhere, we can lead the survivors to safety!"

"nebs and me will pilot the ship. cassie, you're with us," which cassandra found the nicknames quite sweet. rocket very rarely used cassie, and he was the only person who used it, besides the few times she could recall yondu calling her cassie. in terms of nicknames– there's a few options with the name cassandra, cass being the most common, used by everybody, mostly peter and kraglin, cassie used by rocket and yondu only. drax tried it once and immediately decided that cass was more fitting. cassandra kind of liked her full name being used the most, though. gamora always elected to use her full name, and whenever asked why, she always said it was 'just respect'. "the rest of you's save the higher life forms."

"you're taking my kid!?" peter protested through heavy breaths. "yes i am!" rocket hummed as he rounded the corner, nebula and cassandra following him. peter took one final glance back at cassandra, who nodded at him surely.