𝟎𝟎𝟑.

"and who is this?" ego smiled at cassandra, and she sheepishly gave a thin-lipped smile back

"and who is this?" ego smiled at cassandra, and she sheepishly gave a thin-lipped smile back. "that's my daughter, her name's cassandra." peter answered with a shrug.

"oh my goodness," a grin slowly made it's way across ego's face. "i have a granddaughter! i'm a grandpa!" he came forward and wrapped his arms around cassandra's shoulders, and she looked over his shoulder at her dad and mouthed what do i do?

just hug him back peter mouthed, gesturing his arms in a hug motion. cassandra hesitated- but forced herself to wrap an arm around his back, and ego laughed happily. "this is wonderful! you are gorgeous!" he grinned at cassandra, cupping her face in his hands. cassandra grinned awkwardly, weirded out by the over-the-top physical contact. "thanks?" she sheepishly giggled.

"oh, peter, she is gorgeous! is she terran?"

"uhm, terran and xandarian."

"and where is her mother?" ego asked softly, still gazing at cassandra's face as cassandra awkwardly tried to find anywhere else to look. peter hesitated to answer. "well, i have no idea where she is now, but.."

"ah, difficult situation. i get it." ego nodded, slowly pulling his hands away and resting his hands on his hips, gazing gently at cassandra.

a grin, which looked prideful, slowly spread across his face. "i am so happy to see that i am not alone." he spoke softly.

"hmm?" cassandra hummed curiously, suddenly pulled out of her awkward whirlwind of thoughts.

"you will understand soon enough, if you are anything like me and your father, cassandra quill."

-

"i hired yondu to pick you up when your mother passed away. but instead of returning you, yondu kept you. i have no clue as to why." ego spoke softly, looking amongst the guardians, who were sitting around the fire. cassandra chewed on the inside of her cheek, staring at the fire, even though it just made her eyes hurt, there was nowhere else to look except for the sparks emerging from the fire.

"well, i'll tell you why. because i was a skinny little kid who could squeeze into places adults couldn't. it made it easier for thievin'." peter spoke, hands rested on his knees.

"well, i've been trying to track you down ever since." ego spoke, gazing at his son.

"i thought yondu was your father." drax spoke under his breath.

"what?" peter and cassandra spoke simultaneously, both pulled out of their thoughts and looking over at drax with confused looks. "all this time we've been together, and you thought yondu was my biological father?" peter looked over at drax.

"you look exactly alike." drax shrugged.

rocket suddenly laughed boisterously. "one's blue!"

"no, he's not my father! yondu was the guy who abducted me, kicked the crap out of me so i could learn to fight, and kept me in terror by threatening to eat me!" peter quickly spat out, and cassandra felt like something was being dropped onto her shoulders, because while, yes, yondu said and did all of those things, cassandra felt there was a part of yondu that was good. or atleast decent. a part of yondu that both peter and cassandra had seen before, cassandra more often, being the favorite and also the only girl that ever lived on the ravagers ship so.. naturally she was treated like a princess. not that she would ever brag about it.