𝟎𝟎𝟖.

cassandra, gamora, drax and mantis entered yondu's ship, and drax looked over at rocket

cassandra, gamora, drax and mantis entered yondu's ship, and drax looked over at rocket. "what are you doing? you could've killed us!"

"how about.. thank you rocket?" rocket suggested, gesturing his paws out."we had it under control."

"no we didn't." cassandra shook her head. "no, that is only an extension.. of his true self. he will be back soon." mantis spoke softly. cassandra walked over to peter, and she helped gamora carry her dad onto the ship. "hey, sweetheart." peter planted a quick kiss on her forehead, and cassandra huffed."youre so dumb."

"heard you made an orchid. that's pretty cool." peter grinned. "yeah, ego said i'm more powerful than you." she grinned mockingly at peter.

"he did? what an asshole." peter mumbled to himself, before looking up and seeing nebula. "what's smurfette doing here?"

nebula sighed. "whatever i can to get a damn ride home." rocket scoffed,"she tried to kill me!"

"i saved you, you stupid fox!" nebula gritted out, emphasizing the f. gamora glared pointedly at nebula. "he's not a fox!"

"i am groot." groot included unhelpfully. "i'm not a raboon either."

"i am groot."

"or raccoon. whatever." rocket rolled his eyes. "so.. how do we kill a celestial?" drax turned to peter and cassandra.

"there's a center to him. his brain, his soul, whatever it is.. some sort of protective shell." peter explained. "mantis, where is it?" cassandra asked mantis.

".. below the surface. in the caverns."

peter walked over to the cockpit, and his brows furrowed slightly when he saw yondu. cassandra followed her dad to the cockpit. peter sat down in the cockpit and cassandra leaned behind him as they started flying up. "guess i should be glad i was a skinny kid. otherwise, you'd have delivered me to this maniac." peter laughed nervously.

"you still reckon that's the reason i kept you around, you idiot?" yondu looked over at peter. "that's what you told me, doofus."

"once i figured out what happened to them other kids.. i wasn't just gonna hand you over." peter scoffed loudly. "you said you were gonna eat me! and that you were gonna feed my kid to the other ravagers!"

"that was bein' funny!" yondu yelled defensively.

"not to me!" cassandra and peter shouted in response at the same time. rocket looked over at the three of them. "you people got issues."

"of course i have issues, that's my freaking father!" peter pointed at ego, and everyone looked as meat grew over ego's skeleton, and he slowly moved and wriggled until his muscles started forming. the ship slowly pushed off the cliff, and down towards the surface. "we're supposed to be going up!" yondu glanced at peter.