𝟎𝟎𝟕.

"you all right, son? i saw your girl stomp off a little earlier in quite a huff

"you all right, son? i saw your girl stomp off a little earlier in quite a huff." ego asked softly, entering peter's room. peter looked up at his dad, and he slowly sat up and adjusted himself onto his elbows."yeah." he sighed. he glanced down at his walkman, playing brandy, which is one of his favorites. nostalgic and sweet, it reminds him of his mother, of sitting with her in their backyard, laying beside one another, talking about nothing and everything. peter does it with his daughter alot, sitting with her in the ship, listening to music, talking about nothing and everything all at the same time. about their lives, the color of cassandra's shirt, everything and nothing."it's fortuitous.. you listening to this song." ego gestured to the walkman.

"you know brandy?" peter's brows raised.

"by looking glass? of course." he chuckled. "a favorite of your mother's."

"yeah, it was."

"one of earth's greatest musical compositions. perhaps its very greatest." ego chuckled, and peter perked excitedly. "yes!" he laughed softly, sitting up."peter, you and i, we're the sailor in that song." ego started. peter's brows furrowed slightly.

"he came on a summer's day. bringing gifts from far away. like the baby i put in your mother.. or the freedom you brought gamora.. brandy, you're a fine girl.
what a good wife you would be.
my life, my love.
my lady is the sea.
the sea calls the sailor back.
he loves the girl, but that's not his place.
the sea calls upon him as history calls upon great men.. and sometimes we are deprived the pleasures of mortals, peter."

"well, you may not he mortal, but me.." peter trailed off.

"no, peter.. death will remain a stranger to both of us.. as long as the light burns within the planet."

"i'm immortal?"

"yes."

"what about.. what about cass?" peter slowly asked.

"her too, peter. actually, speaking of her, i spoke with her earlier. she ran off on me, for some weird reason, but-"

"well, she's just been off lately. alot is happening.. but she's usually alot more lively."

"i get it, i do. i spoke with her earlier, though, and she's like us.. peter, you should've seen it. she made an orchid, a flower! life! she made life! i should show you it, it's still there."

peter grinned slowly, pridefully. "she did?"

"yeah, your daughters smart, peter. she catches on quickly." his voice lowered, knowing she would catch on too quickly, like she had done earlier. she realized something was wrong too soon.

"i know she does. i'm so proud of her." peter whispered."am i.. really immortal?"

"yes! as long as the light exists!" ego gestured to the ground, and he laughed."and.. i can use the light to make cool things. like how you made this planet!?" peter sat up excitedly.