𝟎𝟎𝟔.

the twigs piled in rocket's hand as a tear escaped from his beady eyes, and rocket sighed shakily

the twigs piled in rocket's hand as a tear escaped from his beady eyes, and rocket sighed shakily. "i called him an idiot." he spoke lowly, voice wavering slightly. a piece of metal shifted, and cassandra and rocket glanced back as ronan slowly emerged. rocket's brows furrowed angrily and he stood to his feet.

"you killed groot!" rocket yelled out as he rushed for ronan, before getting blasted to the side. cassandra jumped at the blast, watching rocket fly to the ground. "behold! your guardians of the galaxy!" he gestured to the group. cassandra helped rocket to his feet. "what fruit have they wrought? only that my father and his father shall finally know vengeance. people of xandar, the time has come to rejoice and renounce your paltry gods! your salvation is at hand!"

peter glanced back at the walkman, and he slowly stood to his feet and pointed at ronan. cassandra's brows furrowed at the action.

"ooh child!"

"oh my god. that idiot." cassandra sighed to herself. ronan turned to face peter, face twisted in confusion.

"ooo child, things are gonna get easier. ooo child, things'll get brighter.listen to these words. art." peter started mumbling the words, and cassandra laughed softly, remembering the times when she was younger, she would be upset, and her dad would start dancing stupidly around the ship to make her laugh.

"i will relax along with my loved ones" her dad sang, pushing his fingers through a twelve-year-old cassandra's hair, singing to talking heads even though it definitely wasn't his favorite band. cassandra loved it though. it was her favorite band, it's descriptive lyrics that tell such a simple yet complex story, and the sound was always nice and comforting, though a twelve-year-old cassandra didn't really get that, she just liked the sound of his voice. peter smiled at his daughter, cradled on his torso.

"you better now?"

"yeah." she yawned. "i'm tired."

"i can tell." he laughed softly. "here," he grunted as he picked her up, and she wrapped her legs and arms around him and clung to him. "i don't think i can keep picking you up like this, sweetheart."

"why?" she looked at him, brows furrowed and eyes wide.

"youre getting big. real big." peter laughed softly. "i mean.. you're becoming a big girl."

"is that bad?"

"no, of course not." peter smiled at her. "it actually means you get to do more things by yourself, and you get to make more of your own decisions. i call that a score."

"can i drink beer now?" she asked, tone almost gleeful.

"why is that your first question? we'll uh.. we'll talk about that when you're thirteen."