𝟎𝟎𝟔.

cassandra will be the first to say it- the ani-men are a creepy ass species

the town looked uncanny to the few photos of earth she had the treat of seeing in her life. when i say uncanny, i mean uncanny. cassandra could feel her breath catching in her throat as she stared at it. it was almost unsettling- the statue of the high evolutionary with a monkey huddled in his arm. gamora wasn't kidding when she said corners of the universe see him as god, cassandra saw that now.

"it's like a replica of earth," her dad shook his head. "makes no sense."

"atmospheres inhabitantable, gravity's xandar minus one." nebula explained, huddle over the control as the ship hovered over what looked like a suburban area, and cassandra can't say she's ever been in a suburb ever, but this was uncanny to the image in her mind. would it be wrong to feel some sort of exhilaration, like living out a childhood dream? riding a pony in a cotton candy cloud, standing in an uncanny replica of a terran suburb.

as the ship landed on its feet, people(or ani-people? cassandra couldn't figure out which was more socially acceptable) started crowding around the ship, staring up at it with wide eyes. cassandra followed her dad out the ship.

"hello," her dad greeted. "we mean you no harm."

a little girl, who was an animal that cassandra was not aware of, tossed her ball towards them. the ball rolled it's way to drax's hands, and cassandra already knew this would end terribly.

the ball smacked the girl's face and sent her falling straight onto her back, and cassandra smacked a hand to her mouth to conceal whatever sound had come out of her in that moment- a weird mix of a gasp, a startled laugh, and a cough.

one of the men started yelling in their language, which was, weirdly enough, not one cassandra knew. when she was a toddler, peter had a communication chip put into her- with most known languages implemented into it- which basically makes it easier for cassandra to understand other languages and communicate with other species, but this one wasn't registered. probably because ravagers and high evolutionary don't usually mix- gamora's protesting earlier proved that.

"listen to me, he was just trying to throw her back her ball-" cassandra let out a laugh that she honestly couldn't help as a rock was thrown at peter's head, and he let out a yell and stumbled back. cassandra quickly ducked a rock that was thrown her way, letting out a squeak as she did so. a man suddenly approached her with a bat, and cassandra's instincts caused her to grab ahold of the bat and kick him in his crotch, sending the man stumbling over, hands tucked to his crotch as he squeaked in pain.

".. i'm so sorry. still your fault, you shouldn't try to hit a girl with a-" a rock collided with her temple. "-fuck!"

"groot, full kaiju!"

"not full kaiju!"

groot started to grow quickly, largening himself as the ani-men stumbled away from him. "this will make us look worse." cassandra breathed out, and peter huffed.