Chapter 9

Harry's P.O.V.

"I'm going to destroy Voldemort." I say it strongly, Ginny looks at me with wide eyes "Are you sure you are ready for that Harry?" I nod " I have no choice Ginny I cannot allow his hate continue to spread around our Wizarding World a crazy man like that will eventually get bored and try to take over the Muggle World as well." Ginny shakes her head and I can see tears forming in her eyes " You are truly brave Harry how you can muster the courage to take this mission on I will never know." I look at down at Hermione in Ginny's arms bringing the water to her lips I suddenly figure out what Godric was talking about. The power that Voldemort did not know about was my love and not just any love but my love for Hermione. Ever since our first year I knew that I would protect Hermione at all costs no matter what the sacrifice would be including my own life. " You will know Ginny, it's my love for her." I nod my head in the direction of Hermione. " Even if she does not return my feelings in the way I do for her. I will fight with my whole life. Hermione will have a future and a happy one even if it does not involve me." As I say these words with certainty Hermione begins to move I kneel down next to Ginny peering down at the love my life as I begin to say her name. 

Hermione's P.O.V.

My mind awakens and I hear a voice faintly "Hermione will have a future and a happy one even if it does not involve me." My eyes begin to flutter open and suddenly my head feels clear. As my vision comes into focus I see Ginny and right next to her I see Harry. I remember what was going on before I passed out but thinking about it I don't recognize why I was so upset when both Ginny and Harry were making good points. I had no right to snap at them the way I did. Suddenly the memories of the past two days come rushing to me and I cannot believe the things I have done and said. Tears instantly came to my eyes and I shot right up. "Ginny I am so sorry." I plead to the red head. She opens her arms and I instantly take her into an embrace. "Hermione I forgive you, but I don't think I should be your biggest concern for an apology right now." Ginny gestures towards the corner of the room where I see Harry pacing back and forth with his head down. I get up off the ground and slowly approach him. When I reach his side he stops and slowly picks up his head to look at me. He looks deeply hurt and sad and I instantly become at a loss for words. "Harry" is all I am able to muster out. He gives me a small watery smile and reaches his hand over to my shoulder. "Am I able to speak to you?" He chokes out. I can tell he is afraid and I cannot blame him as the last time he asked to speak with me I rejected him. I offer a smile back before answering "Yes we can." At hearing this Ginny takes this as her queue to leave and silently leaves the room waving to Harry and I on her way out.

 We approach the same couch as before and the air is filled with awkwardness. I look at him and he holds up a small vile. "I extracted this from you." He starts, I cannot recognize the potion so Harry continues. "Hate and Lust Potion. Even the smallest doses can set off the sweetest person." Suddenly it clicked why my actions were the way they were the past day but that was no excuse for my behavior I should have realized what was going on. "Harry I am so sorry I didn't realize." His hands come up immediately. "Hermione you couldn't have possibly known it's a potion unless you willingly took it which I know that is something you would never do, there is no way of knowing that this was running in your system."  That came to question how did Harry know and I guess he could read my mind because he continued speaking. "Look I understand Hermione, you don't feel for me the same way I feel for you, and that's ok. I will never try to force you to love me, I personally don't think that I will be able to find someone else that I will love like I do you. Even if I did find someone I would not do that to them because my heart will always belong to you." My mouth was left wide open I had no clue that Harry's love for me was that serious, he continued speaking. "But I know you all too well you would never willingly take hate or lust potion. The hate potion I know you wouldn't because of your heart of gold. You always seem to find the good in people where many see none. And the lust potion I know you would never take because you have often stated in the past that you would like to follow the tradition of saving yourself for marriage." I was once again in shock I had no clue that Harry paid that close attention to me. Meanwhile Ron doesn't even know what my favorite color is.

 "Harry I had no clue you knew me that well." Harry chuckled "Hermione I wasn't kidding when I said I have feelings for you. I know it won't be me so there isn't a point in keeping this to myself anymore it wouldn't be fair to you if I did. When I see you my whole world changes suddenly the sadness of losing everyone I have including my parents still hurts but I know at the end of the day I can look at you and know that I have someone I can go to, because Hermione before even wanting to be your boyfriend I want to be your friend most of all. Because a world without Hermione Granger as my friend is not a world worth living in." I gasped at this realization based on our earlier conversation while I will still under the influence of the potions. "Harry does this mean you were going to sacrifice yourself to Voldemort?" Harry shook his head "No Hermione I would never willingly leave this world behind with someone as evil as that bastard where he could potentially hurt or worse kill you." 

Well that's it for this chapter I am going to see if I can write another right now let's see what happens.