Chapter 18

Harry's P.O.V.

"You knew that I would propose?". Mr. Granger nodded and smiled while Mrs. Granger looked like Hermione did when she was wanting to reveal information I didn't know. "Well, we assumed it would be happening eventually. Every time Hermione wrote home to us she would mention two boys. One of them seems like a down right idiot, I believe Hermione said his name was Ron. Then there was another boy, one who Hermione said treated her right, that would be you Harry." I blushed at Hermione's description. "Every time Hermione was home she was mentioning you or talking about all the trials you've had to face. Which we are very sorry that you had to go through those." Mrs. Granger spoke softly but showing sincere feeling with her words just like Hermione often did. "Well, hopefully those most difficult trials are mostly over now." At the sight of their faces telling me to elaborate I did so. I retold the events of this school year choosing to include what happened with Hermione and Ron. I should have asked Hermione first but I believe her parents have a right to know and if they wish to push charges. As I finished my recount I was expecting them to be angry but they were calm. 

"Harry we want to thank you for opening the eyes of our daughter. While we are angry that this idiot Ronald tried taking advantage of Hermione, you stopped it and for that we are in your debt." I blushed at their high praise. "Well Mr. and Mrs. Granger as you have apparently known for a while. I would like your blessing to take your daughter's hand in marriage. I know we haven't been in a romantic relationship for even a day. But there is no one else that I would want to spend my life with. And I promise to the both of you that I will keep Hermione safe, and that she will be able to do all she every dreams of and more." I spoke with certainty as I looked into the eyes of my hopeful soon to be in-laws. Both Grangers looked at one another exchanging a series of looks as they communicated to one another. After a couple more looks they both nodded to one another as they faced me once more. "Welcome to the family son!" Mr.Granger said proudly as he made his way over to me and gave me a handshake. I smiled broadly at him in thanks as I shook his hand firmly. "I promise to take care of her sir." Mr. Granger nodded back tightening his grip slightly "I know you will son." Before I knew it I was being practically tackled by Mrs. Granger as she wrapped her arms around me 'Oh so this is who Hermione learned to hug from.' "I know you'll do right by our daughter Harry." I smiled at both of them once more "Thank you for giving me the chance." Mr. Granger nodded towards me "The pleasure is all ours Harry, we know you'll treat our Hermione right and keep her safe." Mrs. Granger began to giggle. "We also hope you don't wait too long to give us grandchildren." Mr face instantly heated up and both Grangers began laughing.

 I made my way to the door once more thanking them for giving me their blessing. When I made my way back out I turned on my heel, landing in front of Gringotts. I enter into the bank and approach one of the tellers. Remembering the knowledge of my ancestors I greet the Goblin formally. "Good day Griphook, I hope your enemies are dead and your vaults filled to the brim." To my surprise the Goblin looked up immediately from his parchment and smiled at me. I gave a quick nod back before continuing. "My name is Harry Potter, and I would like to see about obtaining a ring for my soon to be betrothed." The goblin nodded and spoke " Ah I see that the time has arrived for the next Potter to marry. Follow me this way Mr. Potter I must show you something before I bring you down to your vault." I nod once more before following Griphook into what appeared to be his office. "Please take a seat Harry I'll be just a moment." The Goblin made his way into a side room while I took a seat in front of the large office. Just as promised Griphook returned a moment later with a piece of parchment in his hand. "Mr. Potter what I have here is the will of your late godfather Sirius Black. As your account manager I have an obligation to read it to you." I nodded in response before speaking. "Griphook I accept that you must complete this task, and please call me Harry." I finished my statement with a smile knowing that allowing a Goblin to call you by their first name showed that you held respect for them. "Very well Harry. Here is the final will of Sirius Orion Black

My name is Sirius Orion Black and this is my final will and testament. It is my hope that this document will not be opened nor read for a very long time, but in the age of war that we live in I know that it will not be an easy task. Harry I am so very sorry for having to leave you once more. I hope that what time whether it was short or long was enough for you. I have a feeling that it won't be long, that being said I leave everything I had to you. I only ask two favors Pup first if you could please reinstate Tonks and her mother Andromeda back into the Black Family they were removed unfairly. The second thing being, please don't let Hermione go. Don't think I don't know how you feel for her, I might as well have been watching a replay of James and Lily. The final thing I have you Pup and I hope it will help you in the long run. I hereby declare you an emancipated adult of the Wizarding World. You have shown me that you no longer have the need for a magical guardian. So when the reading of this will is over Griphook will be presenting you with The Potter and Black Family rings, as well as the betrothal rings for whoever you choose to make your wife though I am sure we both know who will be filling that spot in. Once more Pup I am sorry that I couldn't be there as much as I wanted, but know this Harry. Your mother, father, and I are all incredibly proud of the amazing wizard you have become and have yet to become.