Chapter 16

Her eyes are closed and I can see a glow start to form around her body.

Hermione's P.O.V.

I follow Harry's instructions while I found it difficult to believe that I would successfully become an Animagus today. I know that Harry had no reason to steer me wrong in the past and I knew he wouldn't start now. I try my best to follow what Harry was telling me by envisioning the forest around us without using my sight. As the image of the forest becomes clearer in my mind I feel something come over my body and I hear Harry through the happy growl of his wolf. Choosing to open my eyes. I am met with the sight of Harry's wolf once more, but I notice that my line of vision is much lower than what it was moments ago.

 I decide to try standing up to see what was going on but I found myself not being able to. Looking down I see that my hands, and arms had become paws the same color as my hair. I look up once more at Harry and see his wolf almost as if it had a grin on his face before it breaks off in a sprint. Deciding to follow instinct I take off right after Harry chasing him. We run through the woods until we reach a pond. He gestures for me to come over to the water and I do so. Looking down I see the answer to my question, I had become a wolf just like Harry except my coat of fur was sandy brown.  'I'm glad to see that my  theory was correct.'  I could have that I just heard Harry's voice in my mind. 'Yes Hermione, love I'm right here, you heard correctly were able to communicate with one another via a mental link. Here let's go back to the clearing and I will explain more.'  

We take off once again in a sprint and I can't help the feeling of freedom that comes over me as we run. We shortly reach the clearing and I hear Harry's voice in my mind once more 'Just close your eyes and think about your human form and you will change back love'  As he speaks to me I see him doing as he said to me and Harry in his human form appears before me. I follow his instructions once more and find my eye level returning just as Harry walks over to me to wrap me in a hug.  When we part the RoR has turned back into the common room and Harry pulls me towards the same couch we had been sitting on previously. " Hermione after Godric began telling me about the imprint I was sort of frustrated because I knew you didn't feel the same." I grab a hold of Harry's hand giving it a squeeze letting him know that I am here now and will not be leaving, he smiles at me nodding his head in understanding before continuing.

"I guess Godric knew how I was feeling so he presented me with a gift of sorts. The room had changed once more and I heard the voices of my parents when I looked up there they were. I told them of my current predicament. My mother was out of the castle one day when she was attacked out of nowhere, before she could be hit with the spell though dad's Animagus Stag came and got her out of there. Dad and his stag had both imprinted to my mum. They told me that eventually you would come around but that you had to realize it for yourself first that you loved me. When mum did her Animagus transformation she had become a Doe and her and dad became a bonded pair. Earlier when I was telling about the imprint dad spoke to me in my mind and told me to walk you through the process of becoming a Animagus and told me that I wouldn't be disappointed. That's when I figured that you would be a wolf as well since mum's Animagus matched dad's." 

All I could do was stare in awe at the handsome man in front of me as he continued to amaze me by the second, and in that moment I knew that I could spend the rest of my life with Harry James Potter and that love would never run out. I just hope he has the courage to ask me soon I'm not sure how much more I can wait before I jump him. Deciding to mess with him a little I start "So, you just up and choose for me to be your mate I get no choice in the matter what so ever?" I try keeping a straight face but the look of confusion on Harry's face is just too adorable and I let him know that I am just kidding by kissing him soundly on the lips. I'm not sure if it was because we were both wolves now or something but the kiss elevates to more as our mouths entwine the kiss becoming more passionate by the second. Suddenly Harry pulls me on top of his lap without breaking our lips apart. We continue like that until his lips begin to move their way to my jaw then down my neck and I involuntarily a whimper comes out of my mouth. I hear Harry growl as he pulls away from my neck looking right at me our foreheads are nearly touches and his voice comes to me in a husky tone that sends shivers down my back. "Yes Hermione Jean Granger you are my mate, no you did not get a choice in the matter because I will protect you at all costs even if it means my own life. And now that you have chosen to love me as well I will not be letting go of you. You are mine Granger, and as soon as I can speak to your parents I will make it my mission to change that last name to Potter that I can promise." And he sealed his promise with another kiss that left Hermione speechless.