8

𝘼𝙧𝙘 2: 𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧

:A person who pretends to be someone else in order to deceive others, especially for fraudulent gain.

It was quite hard to believe the gall of some people.

"Is audacity perhaps your middle name?", You sneered at him. You in return were given a mischievious grin. You huffed in annoyance and crossed your arms, "Precisely why did you bring me here, and why the means of killing me?", You asked, scowling.

"I got bored," He shrugged, mocking golden eyes staring at her with a hint of smugness, "Seeing everyone fuss over the zombies got annoying. Actually, not that, it was their incompetence, so I brought you back."

You exhaled sharply and glared at the bastard, "'Bring me back'? Pray tell, what on earth do you mean?", You were using every inch of self control you had to not punch him in the gut. A complacent smile appeared on his lips, clearly not intending to answer you. Just as you were about to succumb to the urges of chucking him out the window, a loud bang sounded from the door. Startled, you jumped back and stared at it warily. A panicked ravenette barged in your room. You relaxed at the familiarity of her face. Her pink, worry filled eyes met yours, and she immediately ran up to you both.

"What's going on, Harlow?", He asked, shifting to lean on the wall.

"The zombies," She panted, holding herself steady with a nearby chair, "They managed to get past the fifth border, we have to hold them off while the citizens are evacuating to the first border."

You had a basic gist of whatever the hell was going on, and as it pains you to admit, it was all thanks to the rat. Maybe Attack on Titan too. He slightly parted the curtains and focused on the fourth borders. He whistled, turning his head to wink at you, "Looks like our chief needs to resume her job.", He said, a wide grin on his face. You glowered at him. Ah, you really despise him. Wasting not a second more, you, Harlow, and, fortunately yet unfortunately, the rat bastard rushed down to the armory.

"Here," Said Harlow, holding up two firearms, "You can take your pick, captain. This is for you, Aiden."

You went ahead and took a (firearm of choice), as well as a machete just in case. Once the three of you were satisfied with the weapons taken, your group marched down to the lobby.

-

Having arrived at the towers of the third border, the three of you climbed up it. Seeing that everyone who'd resided in the third section had all evacuated, Harlow signaled for the guard standing in the fourth border's tower to bring down the gate.  With a respectful nod, the guard had dropped down the gates. The three of you, as well as a few lower units who were called to help, watched as the zombies came flooding in.

Holding up your (firearm of choice) in preparation, you failed to notice the smirk that displayed on a certain golden eyed and white haired man whilst he stared at you. You slightly adjusted your grip, and began to aim at each of them. Absolutely grateful to the heavens that the bullets have been modified to do AoE shit rather than just a singular hit, a singular target. Mostly because you were shit at aiming and also because you don't think you'd have enough bullets combined with the others to kill all of them individually. All of you began to fire at the zombies, rapidly switching from one place to another when the shot was shot.

-

You, for one, was not a fan of all the brutal screaming of these man eating spawns. Although you've watched quite a questionable amount of gore, nothing would truly prepare you for the real thing. Seeing the gruesome sight almost made you throw up and pass out. Almost. The bodies of the zombies were in preparation of getting burnt. All of their heads were nowhere to be seen, which was... expected, given you blew them up. Though, the sight of it that revolted you the most was the fact that their bodies would still slightly move and twitch. A few even were able to stand for a while before collapsing back onto the ground.

The ground was covered in this greenish red color, the blood of the zombies. You weren't surprised that no one found the cure to this.. infection. No one got the chance to study the brain. Maybe you should add that to your to-do list.

Aiden pinched his nose with a disgusted expression, "Ew, it smells like a bloated, dead whale.", He commented with a gag. Harlow rolled her eyes at him, clearly used to this already.

It really did stink, ew. You were definitely going to take a bath after this.

-

You were wondering if you were going crazy at this moment.

The pale, white haired rat pat you on the head and muttered a small "good job". He didn't have any tones of mocking you in his voice, not a the tiniest bit. At your confusion, his lips curled upwards.

It was only now that you realized this man had dimples. That wasn't really fair, you wanted that too.

The wholesome moment had to be ruined by him becoming smug once more, "Of course, you could never be as good as me.", He smirked. You swatted his hand off your head with an annoyed huff.

"Fuck off, fuck you."

"You'd do that?"

"Let me rephrase that: go fuck yourself. We all know that no one would be willing to."

"I'm quite wounded.", He said, not sounding wounded at all.

"Would you like me to rub salt in that?", You snarkily remarked. He laughed and ruffled your hair. Before you could curse him for doing that, he walked out of the room and slammed your door shut.

He left his fucking coat, too. Oh well, maybe you should burn it as revenge. You smiled menacingly as you plotted your revenge arc in your head.

-

It was a good thing that Aiden managed to leave at that moment. Otherwise, he might've been unable to keep composed for yet another second. His ears were tinted red, and his face was flushed. You really didn't know anything, he thought both thankfully and regretfully. A frown was present on his face at the remembrance of exactly why you didn't have any memories.

He sighed, letting a hand run through his medium length locks. The previous white color slowly returning to its natural midnight black.

-

I honestly wanted this chapter to be longer and to be a lore drop, but I decided that it won't because it's currently 1am and I'm running on nothing because I forgot to eat dinner.

ANYWAY.

The reason I got my phone back so quickly was because I'm just so persuasive like that (read: my mom gave it back to me cause we went outside but I never gave it back and she forgot about it.). I wasn't to write much. Fucking exam week. I'm also extremely emo because I didn't get Al Haitham.

I will be uoloading a little information thingy chapter (not really) on the characters mentioned so far.