17

Update in honor of my babygirl Neuvillette coming home (and 1k votes) but no updates coming soon after this cause school 😔

Also, funfact: This chapter was made on october 5. It's been a month. I'm actually going insane time flies.
-

You heaved a sigh.

You heaved another, heavier sigh.

You heaved yet another, much heavier sigh.

"Alright, quit that.", An annoyed voice snapped.

"Huh?", You turned around and stared at the astrologist behind you, "Umm... what are you doing here?", You asked in a nervous voice. She's going to scold you, isn't she?

"Well, you clearly messed things up on your own, did you not? I warned you, Miss Y/n.", Mona pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration, "Honestly, had I known the situation would've only gotten worse, then I never would've agreed to assist you get back to your world. And to think it's gotten so terribly wrong that they've issued a hunt!", She cried out and carried on with her scolding.

Your sixth sense was correct once again. Seriously, you must have premonition at this point.

"Well, if you truly do wish to help me reverse the stuff I may have stirred up, then could you kindly begin already? Scolding my ears off and acting like my mom won't exactly do much.", You cut her off, wishing not to hear her tell you exactly why you're in this position because you knew she would be correct.

"Well, Y/n, I sure do applaud you. I cannot think of any other living being in Teyvat capable of causing limerence on such a massive scale. It's truly astounding.", Mona rolled her eyes at you and gave you a prompt look of pity.

"Please don't bring that up...", A frown settled on your face.

"Whatever allows you to have a good rest.", She shrugged, "But it truly is a fortunate twist of fate that I managed to locate you this quickly. If otherwise... I'm afraid others who have caught wind of your presence here would... 'pay you a visit'.", Mona sat beside you with a reassuring stare, "Fear not, we will surely find a way to fix everything."

Those words completely shattered the tension in your muscles, allowing you to relax for the first time in a long while. The gravity of your situation came crashing down on you. It was one of the biggest 'what the fuck is even happening' moments of your life.

"My life feels like it's fanfiction..", You groaned, hugging your legs close to your chest.

"It probably is.", Mona stated, "Your life is incredibly novel, after all."

"That really doesn't help.", You told her.

"I'm completely aware.", She responded.

"Wow."
-

"Wow.", You stated once again, looking at the detailed puppet Mona formed, "Although I do look more splendid, it's almost as gorgeous as me."

"Thanks for the input that I do not recall requesting for.", Mona huffed, using her hydro abilities to smoothen out the clone of yours she created.

"Any time!", You winked at her energetically.

"Goodness, you're insufferable.", Mona pinched the bridge of her nose.

"Love you too, darling.", You teasingly replied.

She ultimately decided to ignore you and work on the puppet. It slowly started looking a lot more realistic now that all the bumps and sharp edges of the earlier roughly cut up wood has been sanded. Sanded with... water. Huh, that's funny.