20

I'm so stressed I look like I'm about to die bru. Anyway I perfected my math exam 😝‼️ Forget what I said about updating on school break I'm not leaving my children starving 😾😾😾

 Anyway I perfected my math exam 😝‼️ Forget what I said about updating on school break I'm not leaving my children starving 😾😾😾

Today was an oddly peaceful day, causing you to feel skeptical.

There was never a 'peaceful day' in this life of yours, so what on earth was Teyvat planning this time?... Oh well you couldn't really care less, given that you'd be forced to deal with whatever is thrown at you nonetheless.

You didn't quite hate being in jail, you just disliked it. It wasn't as if you were being starved or deprived of your basic needs— infact, you acknowledge that you have better living conditions than you expected in the fortress. The only reason why you disliked being there is the constant creeping feeling of being observed, and you were completely aware of who might be watching you, of who might have the ability to watch you from afar.

"We barely even interacted," You mumbled under your breath, running a hand through your damp hair, the strands sticking to your fingers, "Yet he acts such a dog."

Yes, you knew about his odd hobby of observing you through the cameras. If anything, it was painfully obvious, so if ever you hadn't noticed, then that would mean you're just stupid. You'd just let him be, though, granted that he didn't do anything and, in fact, has been incredibly lenient with you.

You enjoyed the free meals, snacks, and drinks delivered to your doorstep every few hours.

Although it deeply disturbed you how incredibly different nearly every character's personality was in comparison to how they were in the game, you have already reached the point of acceptance. Besides, this is one of those self aware Genshin things, so if anything, their depravity and creep behavior made perfect sense.

Wriothesley was exceedingly handsome, anyway. Had it been other circumstances, you'd definitely be drooling over him by now. A sigh flew past your lips as you reminisced about your days before your life had gone haywire.

How you longed to see your home again— to experience the warm comfort brought by your room, to relive in the exhausting reality of your previous life, the repetitive cycle of your broken schedule. You missed how your best friend, your roommate, would be cooking breakfast for you both, the scent of buttered up pancakes wafting into your room, awaking you from your slumber. You missed the fastfood you'd eat for lunch at times because you'd be too busy to cook your own food. You missed the barely-dinner you ate due to how late you finished your work and submissions.

But most importantly...

"I miss my phone."

You missed your gadgets. The only escape you had from the dreadful reality, the one thing you found solace in whenever everything felt too overwhelming, where you could ignore the worries brought upon you by the world.

Truly...

You never noticed how you took so much for granted.

-

"Thanks!", You grinned at the man who just assisted you with some heavy lifting. Truth be told, you didn't quite need help, but you were bored and lonely, so when a kind man offered to help you, you accepted. Although he was quite lanky, barely any muscle on him, and appeared to be clearly struggling carrying the much heavier items, he still insisted it was alright, and made a show of flexing his muscles(causing you to hold your tongue from pointing out how it was nigh non-existent).

"No problem, miss!", He gave you a jovial smile, matching the energy you displayed.

Admittedly, you enjoyed his presence. It was a shift from the usual aura the fortress emitted.

"I'll be sure to call you again if ever I need help.", You stated, dropping the box you were previously carrying. Your words made him beam, a prideful radiance coming from him.

"Of course, you can count in me anytime, miss.", He replied, waving you goodbye as he turned on his heel to leave.

Odd, for some reason, you felt a sense of pity and guilt wash over you as you observed him leave.

Although your gut feeling was usually correct, and the countless scenarios your mind presented were plausible, you dismissed it. You wouldn't want to accidentally manifest anything. As long as you didn't get too close to anyone, no attachments would be formed and no harm would come anyone's way. With that in mind, you carried on with your other tasks.

On the other hand, behind the blinking cameras sat a displeased Wriothesley. He picked up a clipboard and took a quill pen, scribbling over some previous words to write new sentences.

"I ought to lessen her grace's workload," He hummed, eyes glazing over the multitude of names listed until he found yours, drawing a horizontal line across your previous list of labor, "... but who was that to act so close to her grace?", He muttered lowly, his face turned sour as he replayed your interaction with the man.

"Actions all have consequences..", He mused, trailing off, "... consequences I'd gladly deliver.", A smile grew on his countenance, one that was empty and eerie, unusually large yet it didn't reach his eyes.

-

You sat on the soft mattress in your temporary room, a sheet of parchment you stole from Wriothesley's office in your hands. He may be watching you nearly all the time, but he leaves his office, too. When he finally did, you shifted into a lizard and crawled into his office, where you snatched a random document and fled back to your room.

There were no cameras in your room, thankfully, so you had some privacy.

Now comes the real problem— you have no idea what significance this document you have poses to him. It could be something really top secret for all you knew, so you're sure as hell gonna have to find a way to hide it from him.

If it is that important, though, then you're glad, because this is your payback for him constantly observing you, rendering you practically unable to do anything that you'd want to do unless you wished to face dire consequences.

Shame, you really wanted to vandalize the doors of his office.

You ensured you wouldn't get caught, though. After you returned the parchment to your room, you rushed back to his office to erase every possible trace of you being there, especially the tape in the cameras.

Now, back to the document.

Your eyes skimmed over the contents, brows furrowing at some unfamiliar terms jotted down. Your nose crinkled as you continued reading..

"Isn't this just some damn love letter? What the hell," You stated, your eyes traveling further down the page, "I'd let you carve your name into my heart if you so willed to.", You read aloud, placing the 'love letter' down.

Whoever wrote it had a way with words, certainly.

But to you, this wasn't anything useful, nothing that could help your current situation.

"Hopefully, he won't look for this..", You muttered, unknowing of the fact that he was, in fact, searching for the very 'letter' you took.

-

I'm actively growing more and more insane. SOS My mind is actually deteriorating hahahahahahahahaha 😻

Also that was an excerpt from a love letter I wrote for my crush HELPPP