Chapter 3

🕸️CHAPTER 3🕸️

*2 YEARS LATER*•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

*2 YEARS LATER*
•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

Coolsville.

I was once again back after another successful travel to another Island full of legends and myths. Learning about the Islands lifestyle was fascinating and exciting, if I have to tell my to favourite goofballs about my adventures they'll be shaking in their seats, the thrill of learning these interesting facts had kept my mind off Fred.

I got out of the cab by the beach, paying the driver, I took in a deep breath, I missed the smell of home.

I started looking around for a familiar van, because this is where Shaggy said they'll be, because it's where I'm suppose to meet up with them. Shaggy and Scooby are the only two I still had contact with, from the rest of the gang.

Next to a food stall I finally notice The Mystery Machine, I made my way to them, swinging the door open without knocking, I probably scared the two real good, Shaggy was holding his chest tightly, and Scoob was shaking in fear, it out a smile on my face.

"Anni, like, you can't just scare people like that!" Shaggy states staring at me wide eyed.

"Sorry Shags, it was an accident, I promise." I told him, getting comfortable, seeing they were busy making lunch, my stomach starts grumbling, remembering I haven't had anything to eat for today.

"What's on the menu for lunch?" I ask, glancing at the grill in the middle of the van.

"Eggplant burgers." Scoob says happily, giving me a grin,

"Nice. Uhm, you don't have any bacon and cheese around here?" I ask nicely, not trying to offend them, they were being generous enough to let me stay with them.

"Yeah sure, here." Shaggy says, handing them over to me. I built my sandwich putting it on the grill, to make it a toasty. Shaggy and Scooby started building their burgers after their patties were done.

"The only thing I like better than an eggplant burger, is a chocolate covered eggplant burger," Shaggy says pouring the chocolate over his burger, I pulled my face in disgust.

"And hot sauce." Scooby adds flipping the hot sauce bottle around before putting it on his burger. "How can you guys eat that?" I ask them curiously, inspecting their burgers, not seeing how it can be appetising.

"It's delicious!"

I was very happy with my bacon and cheese toasty, Shaggy and Scooby sometimes acted like a pregnant woman with all the weird things they eat.

"Like have you spoken to him or...." Shaggy says, trailing off, uncertain if he should finish asking the question. "What am I suppose to say to him Shags, if it's meant to be, fate will let our paths cross once again, and maybe then I won't run away." I sadly says only staring at my food, a knock at the van's door brought me back into reality.

"I'm looking for a Mr Rogers and a Mr Doo, the detectives?" Shaggy and Scooby looked at each other in fear.

"Like, it's probably somebody else looking for us to solve some terrifying mystery." Shaggy says to Scoob. "Have you guys been solving mysteries by yourself?" I ask looking at them with wide eyes.

"Not the scary ones!" Scooby admits honestly. "Nobody home!" Scooby yelled out. 'Genius, you can't yell out nobody's home, than they gonna know your there.' I thought to myself.

"Quick, Scoob-o. Grab the food-o, let's scram-o. Come on Anni." Shaggy's says in a hurry.

They grabbed all the food their arms could carry, I always took what my small arms was able to hold. They quickly tried to get out the van, I was following right behind , walking right into the guy they were trying to avoid.

"I'm sorry dude. Look I'd love to help you out. You look like a really nice guy. It's just we're not detectives anymore." Shaggy tried to let the guy leave. The man stared at me, which freaked me out. "Miss Martin I'm glad your here aswell, I've been sent by my employer, Mr Emile Mandavarious, to invite the three of you to his world famous amusement park, Spooky Island." he informs us.

'Why would anyone invite us anywhere?' I thought to myself.

Shaggy was trying really hard to deny the offer. " We don't go near any place with spooky, haunted, forbidden or creepy in the name." He says, "Or hydro colonic." Scooby adds. "Right, or hydro colonic, but that's for a whole different reason, man" Shaggy says, trying to get away.

"Mr Mandavarious would like you to solve a mystery. He'll pay you a fee of $10 000." The man states to us. " It's just materialism not really our bag, man" Shaggy denied him again.

"He can provide free airfare."

"No, thanks."

"Room and board."

"No, thanks."

"And all you can eat."

"All you can eat?" Scooby stutters out before fainting. "Looks like we'll be going to Spooky Island." I say in excitement, this might just be fun after all.

•*Unedited*•