Chapter 34

👻CHAPTER 34👻

👻Annika's POV👻

👻Annika's POV👻

Mystery Inc escorted the Evil masked figure out of the build, only to see the sun was already up, outside the police and reporters has already arrived, with the towns people who started cheering as soon as their sights  were set on us.

The reporters ran to us as the first one immediately started questioning us. "Mystery Inc., Do you know the identity of the Evil Masked Figure behind at all?"

"Well, if our hunch is correct, the Evil Masked Figure is... Velma spoke up, as Daphne and I took off the mask, and I couldn't help but smile cockly since I called it from day one.

"NO!"

The town's people gasp in shock. "Heather Jasper-Howe." Daphne says.

"Uh-huh. Huh?" Scooby says in confusion, I couldn't blame him she planned everything out perfectly so that nobody would suspect her.

"But she was at the museum when the Masked Figure was on the roof!" Another reporter points out. "You almost got away because of that little incident." I say glaring at her.

"Lucky for her, she had an assistant helping her along with her evil plans." Daphne says, pointing at her accomplish. "NED. When Annika and I realized she was the Evil Masked Figure he quickly changed into her costume."

"But why did she do it?!" We got asked.

"Because, Heather-Jasper Howe is actually..." Velma says, reaching out, peeling of her face, shocking even me, it wasn't something you'd expect. "...Dr. Jonathan Jacobo. The original Pterodactyl Ghost."

"But how do you know this?" They asked Velma. She took something from her pocket, showing it to everyone. "A photo, taken of Jacobo in front of the Coolsonian. Jacobo supposedly died a year before construction even began." Velma explains to the press.

"So Jacobo survived that fall off the prison wall." Shaggy states.

"Yeah."

"He also adapted the false Heather Jasper-Howe persona to turn the press against us!" Fred said in an angered tone, but as each of them spoke, everything started making sense.

"Then he framed poor hideous old man Wickles by putting that book and the Black Knight Ghost in his mansion." Daphne spoke up, just as Old Man Wickles stepped closer. "As if you getting the lead in My Fair Lady wasn't enough!" He said towards Jacobo.

"I was an excellent Eliza! You were to acty!" Jacobo fired back.

"AND STEALING MY TATER TOTS!!!!!" Wickles shouted in obviously anger showing his distaste towards the other.

"You kept saying you felt puffy!"

"And the real identity of Ned is…" Fred says walking up to the guy, ripping his hair, only to realize Ned was just Ned. "Ow!"

"Ned." Fred says in disappointment.

"I would've gotten away with it. If it weren't for those meddling punks and their dumb dog!!!!!!!!!!!!" Jacobo yells, as everyone else were cheering for Mystery Inc.

Shocking part of everything I heard today was to hear that Ned cuddled up to Jacobo when he thought he was a woman, it made me laugh a little bit.

I walked closer to Velma pushing her into Patrick's direction encouraging her to go and talk to him. When I saw them talking I went to Fred who was busy giving out autographs.

"Mystery Inc.! Mystery Inc.!"

"You must be happy, since they're cheering for us again." I say looking at him, he had a small smile on his face looking at the crowd then at me.

"Yep. I always thought that was the best thing in the world." Fred says.

"Oh really?"

"I guess I found something a little bit better." He adds, not looking away, my face heated up, but that didn't stop me from wrapping my arms around his neck, connecting our lips, I could feel him smile into our kiss, making me smile too, as he held me closer to him deepening the kiss, having no care that we were surrounded by people.

*•Unedited•*