Chapter 5

🕸️CHAPTER 5🕸️

•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

•🕸️Annika's POV🕸️•

The entire burge ride, I stared up at the sky, looking at all the different shapes the clouds were taking, arriving at Spooky Island had me excited. I wanted to suck out all the Island's secrets, mysteries, myths and legends.

The entire time I could feel Fred staring at me, I really wanted to ask him what's his problem was, or did he only have a staring problem.

Getting off the burge had me jumping with joy. "Welcome to Spooky Island... The frightfully popular spring break spot for college students!" Even the announcements had me jumping, it's an exciting way to welcome one's new victims.

"Catch our electrical torture parade, It's a dead world after all, and the world famous splatter horn," looking ahead, I saw a very creepy mechanical robot, it's very long arms was shaking in the air, and as we got closer I could hear it laughing like a maniac.

We were about to pass it, when we were stopped in our tracks, giving us a fright as well. "Scooby Doo and the rest of Mystery Inc! How marvelous to see you." The robot says in excitement.

"Did that thing just speak to us?" I asks, whispering to Fred, uncertain. "I guess." He says still looking at the robot, who almost hit one of the students who passed it, over the head, with it's arm.

"I'm so sorry."

With a lot of struggle an older man climbed out of it, turning to look at us. "Sorry, it's a new toy, I'm just sort of getting up to speed with it. Welcome." he says, looking at each of us.

Daphne finally joined us, with all of her bags. "Thank goodness. I was afraid I'd have to lug those up to the hotel." Daphne states in relief. I rolled my eyes at the woman, I never did get why she would always carry so many bags in the first place.

"But, that's what Spooky Island is all about, realising your worst fear. I'm Emile Mandavarious, the owner of this amusement park." Mr Emile says, he wasn't what I expected at all, not one bit.

"You seem less..." Velma says.

"Spooky..." Shaggy says.

"Then we'd have guessed." Velma says finishing what the two of them where trying to say.

"I can be pretty spooky when called upon. Oh I can go..." He started making growling noises, "Claws and everything. You wouldn't want to run into me in a dark alley." he says. I was disturbed and freaked out by that.

"So your the one that brought us here?" Velma curiously asks. "No. No, what brought you here was your insatiable appetite for a juicy mystery." Mr Emile points out.

Mr Emile started walking, we followed him close behind, Daphne was walking next to him, "The truth is Mr Mandavarious, Mystery Inc is broken up." She told him. "That's the beauty of something broken. It can be fixed and there in lies it's potential, and I need you to fix Spooky Island." He states turning to look at all of us again.

"What can possibly be the problem?" I ask him. "I believe someone is casting a spell on the students. Now listen and look around. Can you notice any difference between those arriving and those departing?" He asks insisting we should take a look around, but the difference wasn't even that hard to miss.

"They look like, sober, well-behaved college kids." Daphne says, refering to the straight and still line ready to depart. "Precisely and they didn't before they came here. They've changed. In other words a magic spell. " Mr Emile states, it looked like it was the only thing that made sense to him.

I took notice of a guy walking to the well-behaved line of students, stopping infront of a girl.

"Carol! How's the island?"

"Are you tricking on me?"

"It's me, Brad. We've known each other since we were like three."

Poor guy was picked up and thrown a great distance, he fell in front of us, he scurried up and ran for it.

"I'm terrified. The young people that came of that burge, the people I love the most, they're in danger." Mr Emile says, his voice sounded like he was begging us for our help.

"I will solve this one first." Velma says, looking ready to take on this mystery. "Not before I solve it first." Fred states with determination. He looked so hot, with the determination oozing out of him, I couldn't help but stare at him.

"You guys are going to look like total idiots when you're captured and I save you." Daphne says. I'll only ever believe that when I see it. The three of them moved in a hurry to start this mystery.

"Well done. Thank you. Marvelous, maybe we can celebrate later by having a little Spookapalooza." Mr Emile says looking at Shaggy and I.

"Spookapalooza?" Scooby asks. I looked at the owner, "Can you perhaps point me to your bar?" I asks. I was in need of something strong, before I start to suck Spooky Island's secrets out of it.

•*Unedited*•