Chapter 22

👻CHAPTER 22👻

👻Annika's POV👻

👻Annika's POV👻

The drive to Wickles Manor felt like it was taking forever, when it was only a 20 minute drive. I stared at the corner inside of the van, my mind swirling with thoughts, of all the recent events, there was so many questions that needs to be answered.

Daphne's worried side glances didn't go unnoticed either, I knew she was worried, but I tried not to pay much attention to her.

"Freddy, up on the right." Daphne points out the creepy looking Manor.

"Old Man Wickles' ancestral manor." Velma says, staring up at the place as we got out of the van.

Shaggy stared straight ahead, his eyes clouded with fear, like any other time we've got to buildings covered in cobwebs.

"Oh man. Another creepy crib! How come we can't investigate like a KFC or something?" Shaggy nervously questions, still not moving, to get out of the van. "Come on Shags, it can't be that bad." I said to him with a pat on his back, before following behind Velma.

Scooby seemed like he telling his best friend something, making the two goofballs get out the van with determination running closely behind us up the stairs.

"Looks like a bit of a fixer-upper." Velma says laughing softly taking a closer look, I'd say this place needs a lot mo

re than to be fixed up, this place needs a complete redo.

We finally were able to get to the door, when children yelled out to us.

"Nice job last night!"

Turning around only too see two kids on their bikes staring at us. "Losers!" They yelled giving us a thumbs down.

"Quick, we need to think of a comeback." Daphne says, her thinking face on I knew it wasn't gonna be that bad, Daphne was never able to be that mean.

"What dorks!"

"Hey! Shut up!" Daphne yells after the two kids that was already driving away. "That's a good one." Shaggy whispers next to me. I shook my head, Heather really knows how to turn the people against us only fueling my anger even more. Fred reached for the doorbell pulling it.

"You are trespassing on Wickles Manor. Leave now or pay the price."

"Well that's the most welcoming message ever." I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.

"What jerk makes that his doorbell?" Daphne ask no one in particular. Fred was ready to pull it again, when Shaggy spoke up. "Dude. He just said we'd pay the price." The nervousness in Shaggy's voice was clear, eyes glued to Fred, I myself was uncertain if he should pull it again, fear of what price we'll be paying.

"Shaggy, Shaggy, Shaggy." Fred says, shaking his head. "What could possibly happen by ringing a doorbell?" he asked, a smug look on his face as he pulled the doorbell.

A trap door opened underneath our feet, a few seconds later making all of us fall in. We were slid into a ball-like cage, as it slid down a trail. I felt like I was about to loose my breakfast, it felt like we were on some kind of roller-coaster ride, with all the ups and downs.

"Help me!"

"Shaggy!"

It finally came to a stop, and like any other time I end up falling on top of Fred, our lips inches from each other, he stares up at me, a smirk on his face. "We really need to stop ending up like this." He whispered, I could only shake my head at his cheekiness. "Don't lie, you enjoy this too much." I told him with a smile.

"I think I pulled something." Velma says, snapping me back to my senses.

"That's what can happen by ringing a doorbell, Fred. That!" Shaggy snaps, in a matter of fact voice.

"At 7pm, the owner will be home to set you free."

The need to feel Fred's lips against mine was too tempting, I wasn't mad at him, it wasn't his fault that he was so irresistibly charming, I was pissed at that reporter, she was a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I only left a small peck on his lips, a soft smile replacing his cheeky smirk, making his features look a bit softer.

The weight on my back got lighter as the others got up. When I tried to get up myself, I accidentally pushed down on Fred's junk.

"Watch the junk!" Fred says in a very defensive tone. "Sorry babe." I say to him, standing up completely, when most of us where on our feet, it was a little easier to move around in the cage. Across from us was to more cages one a girl selling cookies and two guys in suits were in the other cage.

"Oh brother. The lock's on a laser thumbprint scanner." Velma states pushing up her glasses.

"Daph, get your make up." I say, looking at her as she was still struggling to get up.

"Anni, Daph, now?" Velma asks staring at us probably confused at how our logic works. "You know what Velma, it's never too late to learn to properly apply makeup." Daph says to our fact stucking friend.

Daphne got up, stepping closer to the scanner. "Okay. The last good thumbprint should still be there, so..."

She got her blush, applying it to the scanner.

"...a little blush..."

I handed her a strip I took out from my bag.

"...a pore strip..."

Placing it over the scan, it made a sound.

"...and voila."

The cage fell open. "All right, Daph! Anni!" Shaggy says excited to be out of the cage. "I enjoy being a girl." Daphne stated smiling proudly.

*·Unedited·*