Chapter 28 - Break Out.

{Song Of The Chapter ~ I'm Yours Isabel LaRosa}

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

The school day was now over for you, but after that whole fiasco, Sal and Larry immediately headed home. It was nighttime and Larry laid on the couch sobbing with his mom sitting beside him.

"I just don't get it! How could she do this..?"
Larry cried to his mom.

"Sweet heart, sometimes its what best-."
Lisa began, only for Larry to cut her off.

"I don't care what's best! I loved her- I love her! We were suppose to get married and have a family and grow old together."
Larry pouted as more tears streamed down his face. Lisa pet her son's hair and looked down at him with a pitiful, soft stare.
"I thought she was going to be the one, mom..."

Lisa sighs.

"Well, Larry...if you and Sal really do love her, you'll go to her,"
Lisa tells her son.

Larry looks up at his mom with a sorrowful expression as a tear falls from his red, puffy eyes.
"Why should we? She doesn't want to see us. That much she made clear."

"Oh Larry, I was a young girl too you know?"
Lisa laughs slightly.
"I was just like her. I know, that everything she said, she didn't mean. She didn't mean to say those things - she didn't want to say those things. But it wasn't a matter of if she wanted to, it was a matter of she needed to."

Larry wipes a tear from his cheek.
"Really?"

"Mhm,"
Lisa hums with a nod and a soft smile.

"Then why did she say all of that?"
Larry asks, his hair all messy from having cried for hours. Lisa had walked into the apartment about 25-ish minutes ago, Larry had told her everything - not sparing one detail. He told her about what your dad had done to you, and everything else that followed after.

"Because, she didn't want you two to get hurt. You know her father seems rather berserk, who knows what he could be capable of doing to you two. And you know Y/N. She would never purposely hurt you boys, she cares about you two so much, I can see it."
Lisa admits.
"Y/N is a very nice girl, she would never let you get caught up in all of this. Coming from your mom, trust me, I understand these things."

Larry sits up more with a determined look now on his face. His mom was right. Y/N would never hurt them like that unless it was to keep them safe.

Larry hugs his mom tightly before standing up.
"You're right, wish me luck mom!"

Larry calls to his mom before running out of the apartment.

Larry uses the elevator, pushing the floor 4 button rapidly. Larry ran onto the fourth floor as soon as the elevator doors opened and ran to Sal's apartment. He knocked quietly, knowing you lived next door. He didn't want to catch any attention from your dad or mom if they were home.

Henry opened the door instead of Sal. Henry gave Larry a tired smile, before greeting him.

"Hey, Larry,"
Sal's dad waves.

"Hi Mr. Fisher, is Sal home?"
Larry asks in a frantic tone.

"Uh, yes he is, he's in his room. Is everything okay?"
Henry inquires in a worried voice.

"Yes, yes, everything's fine- can I come in?"
Larry asks keeping his voice quiet.

"Uh sure-"
As soon as Henry opened the door Larry rushed inside, heading straight to Sal's room. Leaving a puzzled Henry behind.

Larry bursted through Sal's bedroom door, not even bothering to knock. Sal laid on his bed curled up with his mask sitting on his side table, he faced away from Larry. Larry heard Sal sniffle before yelling at him.

"Dad! I said I'm fine, go away!"
Sal's voice cracked slightly. Looks like he's been crying as well.

"Not your dad, dude."
Larry closed the door and walked towards Sal's depressed form.

Sal jumped and sat up quickly.

"What the hell are you doing here?"
Sal's harsh tone didn't surprise Larry one bit. Larry was use to it, Sal gets all defensive and agressive when he was sad, or in a vulnerable position. It was just Sal's natural instinct.

"Chill out, I'm here because we can't just sit around and do nothing."
Larry explained. Sal raised an eyebrow.

"The fuck are you talking about?"
Sal asks.

Larry sighs.
"Y/N, dude. We've gotta help her get out of there,"

Sal rolls his eyes at the mention of Y/N.
"No, we don't. She doesn't want help, she literally said so to my face. And hey, you were there too."
He finishes his sentence with a harsh sarcastic comment.

"Come on, Sal. You know Y/N, she wouldn't do any of this to hurt us. She did it because she wanted to keep us safe!"
Larry tells him with a firm voice.

"Why would she need to keep us safe?"
Sal asks with a glare.
"I literally sleep with knives under my pillow. I think I'll be fine on my own."

"Sal! Listen to yourself! This is Y/N we're talking about here, you know her dads crazy man, we saw it with our own eyes. We had front row seats to it!"

Sal's sour expression turned into one of realization. Y/N is too kind and gentle to just do this to them without a good reason. She needed help and he was being too selfish to realize it.

"Okay...lets go save Y/N."
Sal gave Larry a wicked grin, whilst he stood up from his bed and grabbed a bunch of black clothes to put on - including his mask, which he also put on.

Off they went to save their princess from her goblin infested tower. The goblin being her father.

⋇⊶⊰❣⊱⊷⋇

2/15/23AKA : February, 15th/2023

2/15/23
AKA : February, 15th/2023

Words ~ 986