Chapter Ten:

Still Bubbles’ POV:
“Ray, it’s Bubbles,” I said. “Bubs? Did George find Mary and Julian?” he asked. “Yeah, we’re at the hospital. I’m not gonna lie, it’s not good from I’ve heard. Julian was raped pretty badly. The woman apparently tried to remove the babies,” I explained. “Shit, I’m on my way,” he said. “Pass the phone,” George said and I did.

“Ray, I’m going to come pick you up. It’s best Ricky and Bubbles stay since they are like family. They are going to need them,” George said as a doctor approached us. “Family of Julian and Mary?” he said. “Ricky is Mary’s sister and Bubbles is like family to them,” George said and I followed the doctor to the waiting room.

“Julian is in a lot of pain. He was penetrated repeatedly. He’s out of it, but he can be released as early as tomorrow. Now Mary is unconscious. She has a skull fracture. We don’t when she’ll wake up. If she does, we don’t know if she’ll remember. It is a minor fracture, but it’s still touch and go,” the doctor explained.

“The babies?” I asked. “They are good. Luckily still in the womb. When she wakes up, she’ll need to be on bed rest for the remainder of the pregnancy. Absolutely no stress,” the doctor said. “Can we see them?” I asked. “Yes, I put them in the same room. Julian panicked abit, asking for her,” the doctor said, leading us to their room. “Ring the call button if she wakes up,” the doctor said.

George’s POV:
I went and picked up Ray. “Congrats on adopting Mary. Ricky seems thrilled,” I said, when we were on our way. “Lahey was not good for her. She deserves better,” he said. “I agree. Mary is special. I’m glad she has people in her life that make her happy,” I said. “I’m glad Julian stayed with her despite the twins being Cyrus’,” Ray said.

“I heard about that. Glad he’s gone. Wait, did you say twins?” I asked. “Yup. Boy and girl,” Ray said. “Well, congrats Ray,” I said, pulling into the hospital. I helped Ray into his chair before we headed inside. “Julian and Mary?” I asked the receptionist. “Are you family?” she asked. “I’m Mary’s Dad. Here are the papers,” Ray said, handing over the adoption papers.

“Alright, they’re in room 206,” the nurse said and we made our way to the elevator. When we got off, we searched and found the room. The sight that greeted us was heart warming. Bubbles was sitting by Julian, holding his hand. Ricky was on the bed next to Mary, or rather behind her. He had her cradled in his lap. They both had nose tubes and heart rate monitors on their fingers. Mary’s head was bandaged.

“Mary?” Julian asked. “She’s right here. You’re both safe,” Ricky said as Mary stirred. She sucked in a breath and wiggled. “Guys, I think she’s waking up,” Ricky said. “Mary?” Julian asked. “Someone get the doctor,” Bubbles said and I went to get the doctor. I wanted to give them a bit of privacy.

Bubbles’ POV:
When Officer Green left, Mary started to try and open her eyes. Her hands were searching for something. “Jules?” she asked. “You’re both safe,” Ricky said, smoothing her hair back. “Julian!” she yelled, sitting up. She threw up just as the doctor rushed in with a nurse. Ricky had to get off the bed so the nurse could get her cleaned.

Julian sat up, looking around. “Mary?” he asked. “She’s ok, Julian,” I said, trying to soothe him. Mary was crying, holding her head. “Hurts,” she cried. “Here’s some tylenol. Drink slowly,” the nurse said. The doctor explained everything to them.

“We can release you two tomorrow, but it’ll be strict bedrest for Mary. Julian, you should take it easy for about a week. You’re anus and sphincter are both torn and swollen. Mary, no stress. Just take it easy,” the doctor said. “I can do that,” Mary said, falling asleep. Ricky got back in bed with her, just holding her against him.

“Fuck, does this hurt. I’m going to kill that bitch,” Julian said, wincing when he shifted. “She’s going to prison for a long time,” Officer Green said. “Thanks, Officer Green,” Ricky said. “How long will Mr. Lahey be in jail?” Randy asked. “Could be a week. Could be a month. Either way, he will need to get off the booze if he wants to stay in Sunnyvale,” Officer George said.

“Barb needs to be told,” Ray said. He had parked his chair right beside Mary’s bed and held her hand. “I can make sure that happens. I’ll pour every ounce of liquor down the drain,” Randy said. “Or sell it,” Julian said. “Seriously?” I asked. “Think about it. All the people he fucked over. What better way to get back at him,” Ricky said, excitedly and Mary flinched.

“That I can arrange,” Randy said as Ricky ran his fingers through Mary’s hair. “Let me know when it’s done. Jim will also be charged. I’ll admit I’m an ass, but to do what he did is just fucked up,” Officer Green said. “We really appreciate the help, Officer Green,” I said. “You can call me George,” he said.

The next day…
Julian’s POV:
When I came to, I heard beeping. I was laying on some sort of bed. I was afraid to open my eyes, but then I heard familiar voices chatting softly. “Julian, you ok bud?” I heard Bubbles ask, only just realizing I was crying. “Where am I?” I asked, opening my eyes. Bubbles was sitting in a chair beside me. Ricky was on the other side of the room with Mary in his lap. Ray was holding her hand. “The hospital,” Ricky said.

“How long?” I asked. “A day. Don’t you remember yesterday? You were the one that gave the idea of selling all Lahey’s booze to the people of Sunnyvale,” Bubbles replied. “That wasn’t a dream?” I asked, wiping tears from my cheek. I remembered what happened. “Nope,” Ricky said. “Julian?” Mary asked, blinking awake. “Mary, baby. I’m so fucking sorry,” I sobbed.

“Nothing was your fault. It was that bitch,” Ricky said. “I couldn’t do anything,” I said. “Jules, you’re both alive. That’s all that matters,” Ray said. “Julian, you ok?” Mary asked as a doctor entered the room. “Yeah, I’m ok. A bit sore. Ok on second thought, fuck,” I said when I moved. “Would you guys excuse us for a second so I can do a quick check up,” the doctor said, ushering everyone out.