Chapter Eleven:

Chapter Eleven:

Still Julian’s POV:

“I’m Dr. Red and I need to see if you two are well enough to be released. If Mary can stay conscious for two hours you can both leave. I’ll do you first. I need to fold your legs and spread them. I’m going to check your sutures. If you need to stop at any time, just say so,” the Doctor said. I did as the doctor said and kept eye contact with Mary. 

“What happened?” she asked. I explained everything to her. The doctor pitched in to explain medically what was wrong. “That bitch raped you?” she asked. “All done. Everything looks good,” Dr. Red said. “At least she didn’t take my virginity,” I said to lighten the mood. “I’d refrain from anal for at least a couple of weeks. Mary, I’m going to check that incision now. I’ll show you how to change the bandages,” he said and showed us how. 

When Dr. Red left, Ricky, Bubbles and Ray re-entered. “Hey guys, great news! That bitch got shanked and raped in prison. She’s now their bitch. Apparently they don’t take too kindly to attacking pregnant women,” Ricky said excitedly. “Who told you that?” I asked. “I did. Hey Mary. Glad to see you awake. You fucking scared me,” George said, giving her a gentle hug.

“George, thank you for getting us out of there,” I said. “What about Lahey?” Mary asked. “Unfortunately he’s getting released today, but he’s on house arrest for a month. He cannot leave his trailer without a police escort. Which won’t ever happen because the whole department adores Mary. He’s also has to stay off liquor. Randy agreed to stay with him but only to make sure he stays in line,” George said. 

“That I can live with,” I said. “What did the doc say?” Ray asked. “If Mary can stay awake for two hours, we both can go home today,” I replied. “I can do it. I wanna go home,” she said and Ray patted her hand. “I know sweetie,” he said and she yawned. “Someone help me up,” I said, swinging my legs over the bed. Ricky helped support me to Mary’s bed where I curled up next to her.

Mary’s POV: 

I had a huge headache that hurt. A lot. “Baby, you ok?” Julian asked, looking into my eyes. “Head hurts,” I said, feeling tears swell in my eyes. “I’ll get you some tylenol,” George said. “Thanks,” I said as he went in search of tylenol. Julian hugged me close and kissed my forehead. When George came back, he handed me two tylenol. “Thanks,” I said, taking them. Ricky gave me a cup of water. 

Two hours later…

The doctor came in and Julian and I signed discharge papers. He told us what to do should I have a seizure. He said it shouldn’t happen, but wanted everyone in the know. I just had be stress free. Two nurses came in with wheelchairs for us. “I’ll drive you two to Sunnyvale. Make sure Jim doesn’t bother you,” George said. 

Still Mary’s POV:

“Randy’s picking us up,” Ray said. “Hey guys! Lahey won’t be bothering you. He may or may not be handcuffed to the toilet,” Randy said. Julian and I pulled the curtain around my bed. We helped each other dress. “Of course he is,” I said, when we were done. “I also threatened him with no sex for a month,” Randy said as we left the hospital. 

“For fuck sake, Randy! We don’t need that mental image,” Julian said as I was helped into the back of George’s car. Julian climbed in after me. “You guys good back there?” George asked. “Yup,” I replied. “See ya back at the park,” Ricky said and we drove off.

 When we got to Julian’s trailer, everyone was there to greet us. Trinity ran towards us and flung herself at me. I easily caught her, only wobbling a bit. Ricky steadied me. “Thanks,” I said. “Let’s allow Julian and Mary get off their feet,” Bubbles said and the crowd dispersed. Ricky helped me up the steps while Bubbles helped Julian. They fussed abit til we were comfortable on the couch. 

“Give us one moment. We have a surprise,” Ricky said. He and Bubbles went outside while I snuggled into Julian. A few moments later, they came back with a cardboard box. “Someone just abandoned them on the street last night. Gave ‘em some soft food last night. We decided to give them to you guys,” Ricky said as I peered inside the box. Three small, fluffy puppies were inside the box. 

One was brown with a white spot on it’s chest. One was black with a white stripe down it’s chest. The last one was a lighter brown with darker coloured ears. “Sam says they are bichon frise poodles. They are 6 weeks old. Randy and Ray’s bringing over more puppy food and stuff,” Bubbles said. I started crying. “Mare bear?” Ricky asked. 

“Thank you. They are perfect. Thank you guys,” I said, hugging Ricky and Bubbles. There was a knock on the door and Ray wheeled himself inside. “Randy’s gonna need a hand bringing the stuff in,” he said as I took the puppies from the box. I set them on the couch between Julian and I. “I’ll help,” Bubbles said. “Me too,” Ricky said. 

When they left, Ray turned to us. “You guys doing ok?” he asked, seriously. “Painful. It hurts to move,” Julian said. “My head feels like it got split in half,” I replied, stoking the puppies. They had curled up against Julian and my hips. “Everyone in the park bought up Jim’s booze. He is pissed,” Ray said. 

“Good,” Julian said. The black pup climbed onto his lap and curled up. “Holy shit, how much did you guys get?” I asked as more stuff was piled by the door. “Just some toys and beds,” Randy said before going back out. “He feels sorry for Lahey. Here’s what we made by selling the booze,” Ray said, handing Julian a thick envelope. “I really hope he gets Lahey in line,” Julian said. 

Later that day…

Ray’s POV:

When the stuff was all brought in, Ricky barbequed some chicken legs. Mary brought out her knitting looms and stuff. She showed us all how to use them and Ricky picked it up quickly. “We could make hats and stuff. Then sell it,” he said. “That’s actually a good idea, bud,” I said. “Yeah, Ricky. That’s a great idea! People will love this shit,” Julian said.