Chapter Twelve

Still Ray’s POV:
“We can show Corey and Trevor how to as well,” Mary said and Julian nodded enthusiastically. Then winced. “They might actually loved it,” he said, shifting and wincing. “Here, put this behind your back,” Mary said, helping prop a pillow behind his back. “Thanks,” he said, kissing her. She snuggled into his side, wrapping her arms around him. “You two are just so goddamn adorable,” Ricky said.

Randy’s POV:
“I should go uncuff Mr. Lahey,” I said, getting up. “Thanks Randy for all the help,” Mary said, getting up and hugging me tight. “Any time Mary,” I said. “Yeah man. Come over anytime,” Julian said. “Thanks,” I said before taking my leave. I walked to Mr. Lahey’s trailer. I unlocked the door and bee lined for the bathroom. “Bo Bandy! Thank God! I thought I was gonna be here all night!” he hollered.

“Should’ve thought about that before fucking up Mary’s life,” I said, uncuffing him. “I know that, Rand. Maybe… maybe you can ask them for a sit down? So I can tell them I’m sorry while I’m sober,” he asked. “I’ll ask them tomorrow when I see them,” I said and there was a knock on the door.

“You expecting anyone?” I asked. “No,” he replied and I answered the door. “Ricky?” I asked. “Mary wants to know if tomorrow she can talks to Lahey,” he said. “Sure, bud. Where is she thinking?” I asked. “Julian insists it be done in his trailer,” Ricky said. “I can do that,” Mr. Lahey said. “I’ll need to call George,” I said.

“Already done. He’s visiting Julian and Mary tomorrow at 10 in the morning. He’s off tomorrow but can escort Lahey,” Ricky replied. “Sounds good,” I said. “Thank Mary for me, please,” Mr. Lahey said. “I will. And if you fuck up tomorrow I’ll kills ya,” Ricky said, seriously before leaving. “I gotta make it right,” Mr. Lahey said.

“You know that Ray won’t let her go without a fight. I mean, he’s good to her, Mr. Lahey,” I said. “I know, but I just wish I can apart of her life,” he said. “I know, Mr. Lahey and you can be. You just have to not drink so much. Let’s order some food,” I said, taking out a Chinese menu. We picked what we wanted and I called to get it delivered.

The next day…
Mary’s POV:
I was nervous about seeing my dad. Bubbles and Ricky were prepping cinnamon rolls I made last night. Julian was on edge, but kept calm. “We don’t have to see him today,” he said. “He’s sober, now is the right time to see him and talk. Set things straight,” I said. “You sure, hun?” Ray asked. “Yeah, he needs to know you’re my dad now. That he needs cut down on his booze if he wants a part of these monster’s lives,” I said as the twins aimed kicks on my ribs.

I sat down beside Julian and sat in his lap. “I’m staying though,” Ray said. “That’s fine,” Julian said, rubbing my stomach soothingly. There was a knock on the door and I got up. “Sit, I got it,” Ricky said. “Gotta pee,” I said, bee lining to the bathroom. I heard Randy say hi and ask where I was. “Bathroom,” Julian replied. “You look like shit, Julian,” my dad said.

Lahey’s POV:
Julian was sitting in his chair. He looked really bad. Mary emerged from the bathroom and slipped into Julian’s lap. “Hi dad, Rand, George,” she said. She looked even worse than Julian. She had bags under her eyes, her forehead had a bandaged wrapped around it, bandaged wrist, and bruises everywhere. Her throat had hand marked bruises around it. But she looked happy.

Julian palmed her belly, beaming and kissing Mary’s head. “So, Lahey,” Ray said. “I know I royally fucked up. I know I can’t stop Ray from being your dad. I’m sorry for the cigarette burns and beating you. It wa-” I was cut off by Ricky. “You beat her?! You fuckin’ bastard!” he yelled. “Ricky, it’s in the past. And he wouldn’t be doing it again. Made sure of it,” Mary replied, placating Ricky. I shuddered at the memory.

“Made sure how?” Ray asked. “A swift kick where the sun don’t shine,” Randy replied. “I pissed blood for a couple days,” I added. “Damn, remind me not piss you, Mare Bear,” Ricky said. “If you want a part of the twins life, no booze drinking. Or rather excessive drinking. You drink and pull your usual shit, I’m cutting you completely outta my life,” Mary said. “Understood,” I said.

“Now, how about brunch? French toast and cinnamon buns?” Mary asked. “That sounds descent!” Bubbles cheered. “I’ll help,” I said, getting up. Julian helped Mary stand up before getting up on shaky legs. “Jules, sit. Put a pillow behind you. I got this,” Mary said and he sat back down. Ricky helped put a pillow behind his back. I followed Mary into the kitchen and helped her bake the cinnamon buns and French toast.

We sat and ate in front of the TV. All the while Ray and George kept a subtle close eye on me. Ricky wasn’t shy about it and sat beside Mary. He gave me a look. Julian was on her other side. “I was thinking of going for a walk. Y’all wanna join?” Mary asked. “I’m down,” Randy said. “Sure, why not,” I said.

As we got ready, Ricky pulled me aside. “If hurt her again, I will kill you,” he said. “I know,” I said. “I’m fucking serious. I’ll beat the fucking shit out of you if you beat her again. Hurt her and I’ll fucking kill you,” he said and walked off. Once we were all ready, we walked around the park. Fifteen minutes in, Trevor and Corey spotted us.

“Hey guys!” they said, rushing over. “Smokes,” Ricky said and Mary slapped his hand. “Buy your own damn smokes,” she said, handing him some cash. “Julian, can we hang out with Mary today?” Corey asked. “Sure, be careful,” Julian said, kissing Mary before they dashed off. Or rather they hurried as fast as Mary could go.

Mary’s POV:
Corey and Trevor led me to their trailer. “Dude, we are so excited Julian let us hang with you. Especially with all the camera people. And what happened to you two,” Corey said. “Yeah, we heard she got shanked in prison,” Trevor said. “Oh shit, we weren’t supposed to bring that up. Sorry Dude,” Corey said. “No worries boys,” I replied. “Wanna play our new game?” Corey asked. “Sure,” I said.