XIII

time : 7:16 am
location : metkayina's land

The Sullys had already started getting ready to take their leave. Neteyam tried to explain to his parents that Ao'nung was going to try his best to help them, so that they could stay. But his parents were slightly confused on why Ao'nung cared so much.

But they chose not to believe their son, not convinced that Ao'nung would be able to change his parents mind so strongly, and so quickly for them to stay.

Neteyam felt devestated, he didn't want to leave. Not only did he grow to love the ocean, but he also grew to love Ao'nung.

That was until, Tonowari walked to their hut, standing outside, he motioned Jake to follow him out.

"Jake, you have brought a lot of harm to the people.."
Tonowari said, sighing deeply.

"..but without your demon technology, my son Ao'nung would not be here today.."
He continued.

"So I thank you, me and Ronal have changed our mind, you and your family may stay."

Jake respectfully thanked him, telling him that something like this will never happen again.

Then after Tonowari left, Jake broke the news to his family.

"We really get to stay!?"
Tuk exclaimed.

"Yes we do, go on now, put your stuff back."
Jake told them all.

Neteyam was extremely happy, Ao'nung had actually convinced his parents?

Neteyam was about to make his way to his room
to put his stuff back.

"Neteyam, come here."
Jake told him.

Neteyam got a bit nervous, not sure what his father was going to say.

"Thank you son, for speaking to Ao'nung. Without you we wouldn't know where we would be right now."

Neteyam smiled softly, nodding.

"you're welcome, sir."

"Now go on and unpack."

"Yes sir."

Neteyam left, smiling to himself. Not only was his father proud of him, but he was happy that Ao'nung kept his promise.

Neteyam wanted to see Ao'nung badly now.

He contacted Norm through the communicators they have, basically begging Norm to come and pick him up to see Ao'nung.

Norm eventually agreed, after being extremely hesitant.

Once Norm arrived in the helicopter, Neteyam jumped on and found a seat.

He put on the headphones and spoke into the mic.

"Thanks Norm! I know how badly you want to be my Uber driver."
Neteyam laughed.

"Yeah yeah kid."
Norm chuckled.

".. so, you and Ao'nung?"
Norm smirked.