XVI

time : 9:12pm
location : metkayina's land

Ao'nung was currently in front of his hut, talking to Nali'ya.

She was a nice girl, but she was not even close to Neteyam.

"I think you're very attractive..."
She giggled out, Ao'nung cringed at this.

"Nali'ya.. your a nice girl and all but.. I like.. uh."
He drifted off, not sure if he should confess something so grand.

"Go on, tell me."
She smiled.

"I like boys. Specifically a boy."
Ao'nung confessed.

It seemed like her face was washed over with relief. She smiled even wider now.

"What? Why are you looking at me like that?"
Ao'nung questioned confusingly.

"Thank god I don't have to pretend anymore. I don't like guys either, I'm into girls."
She scoffed, now showing zero interest in the boy in front of her.

"Wait? Really?"

"Yes really, I've been having my eye on Kiri for a while.. but don't tell anyone I told you."
She chuckled out.

Ao'nung just raised a brow at this, slowly nodding his head trying to process all of this new information. Especially since he knew his dear friend Rotxo was starting to catch feelings for Kiri.

"Well, it's clear that we both don't want to be mated. So now what?"
Ao'nung questioned.

"That's for you to talk to your dad about, he's the one who arranged this stupid mate."
She rolled her eyes.

"Please convince him, you're nice and all but.. I don't want to be mated with you."
She begged, Ao'nung tried to not take offense to that comment.

"I'll do my best, goodnight Nali'ya."
Ao'nung stated, walking back to his hut.

"goodnight Ao'nung."
She replied, leaving as soon as he went inside.

"So son, How did it go?"
Tonowari smiled, he noticed that his son was never into girls all his life. So he made sure to pick out the most perfect girl for him.

"Dad, I don't want to mate with her. And she doesn't want to mate with me!"
Ao'nung sighed.

Tonowari immediately became infuriated, and also taken aback from the tone his son came at him with.

"What do you mean you don't want to mate with her? You must have a Tsahik! You are soon to be the Olo'eyktan!"

"I don't want to mate with her! She's not the one for me!"

"No girl has ever been the one for you all your life! If you can't pick I shall pick it for you!"
He spat out, now he was really starting to get angry with the boy.

"What if I don't want a girl?!"
He yelled out, Na'vi were not the type to judge based on sexuality, but it's just the specific person that he wants is more of the problem.

"...okay, I wish you would have told me that earlier son! I would have found you a boy instead of wasting all this time!"
Tonowari yelled out.