Chapter 5: The Milan Job

Milan. The most crime-ridden city in Italy. Population: 3.1 million. First founded in about 400 BC. Swift took the opportunity to read a few travelling brochures while on his flight to Italy, along with Tom who fell asleep in the comfy, chilly seat next to him, with his arms crossed while he was unconscious. While Tom peacefully slept, Swift had a hard time doing so. It's unusual for him to be able to sleep inside the plane, but at least reading material is available to keep him busy. It took them exactly nine hours to get to Italy from Pennsylvania. It's a long journey, but at least they made it into the state just in time before the forty-two-hour time frame runs out.

There are two approaches that Swift expected from the coming encounter with their target: One, he and Tom confront Dorian, and ask him nicely about his operation without any trouble or struggle. Or two, Dorian escapes the second he sees them, leaving Swift and Tom to go after him. To be honest, Swift loves a good challenge when it comes to hunting his targets down, but after his job that cost him a full night's rest, he was tired like never before.

As soon as Swift and Tom arrived outside of the airport, they were able to order a taxi service and made their way to the other side of the city where Dorian is last located, based on Allison's intel. After twenty minutes of being in the cab, Swift and Tom are dropped off in front of a luxurious tan-bricked building that is a hotel.

"This is where our guy is?" Tom says, praising how modern yet old the massive resort looked. His eyes were almost blinded by the sun shining from behind the building's pointy roof.

"Allison said so," Swift replied with his hands holding his waist by the sides, below his open blue-plaid shirt.

"This looks nice."

"It does. I heard it's five stars."

After Swift nods in agreement, the two boys head into the hotel's fancy entrance, complete with a fountain that they walked past. Swift and Tom then walk into the lobby, filled with hotel patrons either waiting in line to check in or just relaxing in the cafe. But the two boys knew they weren't there to join the queue for the reception desk.

"Alright, Al. Where is he?" Swift said to Allison. She heard his call through a piece in her ear that allows communication between them, the same device being worn by Swift and Tom.

"Room 407. Fourth floor." Allison remembered what the intel told her.

Swift and Tom nod to each other before they head to the elevator to their right. Four elevators were present, but only two were heading down to the lobby. Several seconds pass then a mechanical bell sounded, signalling the elevator's arrival. Swift and Tom waited for the doors to open, which they did not long after. The elevator to the right was full of people, so the two made their way to the unoccupied left elevator. Swift pushes the button labelled 4, closing the doors and sending the elevator upwards. Swift and Tom stand side-by-side in silence while waiting.

"Got your piece?" Asked Swift, referring to Tom's firearm.

"Yeah,"

"Barrel?"

"Silenced,"

"Mag?"

"Lock and loaded," Tom replies in belief. He resisted the urge to check his suppressed pistol knowing there was a security camera placed in the upper corner of the elevator. He keeps on staring at the camera, his eyes shifting to the side to check which floor he and Swift are on. The floor display changes from 3 to 4, leading to another mechanical bell chiming, signalling their arrival on the floor.

The elevator doors open. They find a quiet, empty hallway right before them, filled with dozens of doors to either side. Swift stepped out into the hall first, followed by his partner. It looks like a never-ending hallway. It is so quiet not even the sound of the hotel patrons being heard even once, although they heard the sounds that came from the rooms themselves as they passed each door walking. They passed the sixth and final door before coming upon the seventh room that is not even at the end of the hall yet.