Chapter 26: The Chase

The two of them navigate through Northview from room to room, encountering more gunmen with the intent to kill. Yet, despite the number of goons Matt sends in, no matter how many are there, Swift and Tom had no trouble going through them, and Matt wasn't too disturbed about it. After all, that's mostly why he's here watching them from the cameras, all the while sitting peacefully in his luxurious limo, enjoying the show they've brought. Aside from being a spectator to the massacre, Matt is waiting for his men to move all of the weapons caches to a secure transport.

He chugs down the glass of champagne that is prepared next to his seat. He sets it down again on the same table, all the while he enjoys the show that is transpiring on a little television screen suspended from the ceiling. He watches the two in action carefully, sinking in the entertainment as if he's watching one of those heavily-detailed action movies. He sees the two approach another armed group in the cafeteria.

Swift shoots his pistol twice at a nearby gunman before sliding across the floor behind one of the tables. Despite the lack of physical cover, he still takes the chance knowing the darkness is his only cover against the gunmen. He reloads his gun with a spare magazine he took from one of them while Tom covers him by throwing blind gunfire at them, scaring them enough to refuse to return fire. While he does that, Swift sneaks up towards another one, lifting the shotgun they held when they realize he's right in front of them. A shot goes off and Swift is quick to throw them over his shoulder, taking their shotgun for himself and once they're on the floor, he ends them, launching a slug directly to the head.

"Ooh!" Matt shudders at Swift's resilient move, taken aback by it. He's a lot more skilled than I thought. Somewhat Matt feels a slight pride for him. His thoughts were quickly taken away when he hears someone struggling near him.

There Audrey sat, hands placed behind her back, her wrists firmly tied behind her back with a strong rope. The same rope is used to tie up her ankles to make sure she won't go anywhere. She keeps on screaming, attempting to draw attention from people walking across the curb, but to no avail. Preventing attention to her is the silver duct tape that is stuck over her mouth, only muffled screams came out of her mouth. For the past hour, she has been panicking by how disorienting the situation is. Swift and Tom are alone in school, being sieged by dozens of armed people, while her? She was suddenly taken by Matt and was forced to watch it all happen, fearing for their lives.

Audrey keeps on letting out muffled yelling while banging her head into the glass window, failing as the window is unexpectedly high on durability, and Matt is there to chuckle at her feeling of hopelessness. "Oh, don't even bother, missy. It's soundproof," Audrey halts. That explains why people couldn't hear her, but why didn't they at least bat an eye at her? "It's a one-way window too," Hearing that, she sighs. "Why, you ask? Well, whenever I need to settle a... close, personal business." He says with sly eyes. Audrey's eyes shrink in disgust.

"And it's bulletproof, isn't that neat? Just in case should your boyfriend pays us an unexpected visit, which he won't." Matt grins tauntingly, leaving Audrey to let out a snarl under her taped mouth. "Maybe he will? He'll die trying, anyways." Matt hears his phone vibrate on the table, the same one he put his champagne glass on. Someone's calling him. Then he picks up the call from the unsaved number.

"Matty Hendrix speaking," He greets. Audrey could only wonder what the caller is saying to him. "It's halfway loaded? Oh, good," He takes another pause listening to the caller. "I was running out of people to send, anyways. On my way there now." Audrey tenses. On his way where? Where is he taking me? The call took only thirty seconds then he hangs up. Sitting next to the window leading to the driver's seat, he knocks on it. The window lowers making a buzzing sound, revealing a chauffeur at the ready. "Driver? To the L.A. International Airport." Matt smirks.