Chapter 12: The Show

"Turn right," Tom says. Swift nods, and the car turns. Once they did, they finally spotted the convention hall where the fashion show gala is held, as shown by the group of spotlights emanating from there and the traffic that is paused near the area. Parked cars begin to add on the side of the streets the closer Swift and Tom approached.

Looks like the parking is already occupied. Just in time, Swift eyes a nearby spot where he can park the car in, just between two other cars. Masterfully, Swift places the car in between it, and he turns off the engine before the two walk out of the car, heading to the hall's walkway.

"How do I look?" Tom makes his one final check making sure he looks neat.

"Splendid, you look good."

"Glad Carter came prepared. With extra kevlar, too."

Carter interrupts through the earpiece, "Hey, remember: Something stronger than kevlar." He says, correcting the young boy.

"Alright, alright."

Along with a sea of other gala patrons, Swift and Tom enter through a big open gate before they could see the hall, which almost looks like a castle as Swift stares at it, like a giant pale-yellow bricked castle. Decorative banners are hung on the side of the walls, and loud music is heard from inside the hall. Swift and Tom almost didn't notice that they stepped on a red carpet that is placed along the walkway, leading to the hall's entrance. Making sure the patrons move along nicely are several well-dressed guards stationed on both sides of the banner. Swift knew for sure that they were armed. That might be a problem. So Swift knew they have to make their move silently without alerting them. That might be difficult, though.

Swift and Tom enter the hall, after being greeted by a guard that let them through. Inside the hall is a much more intense sea of people that are attending the gala, crowded into one single room. They try their best to navigate through.

"Alright, Carter. We're here. Do some of that hacker shit." Swift whispers.

It took some time, but eventually, Carter tapped into the hall's security cameras, "I'm an analyst, not a hacker. Big difference." He mutters as his screen changes into the view of the inside of the hall, seeing the live feed that shows him a bunch of people collected in the hall. He switches the camera feed several times before finding the one that is in the entrance hall, where he sees Swift and Tom amongst the crowd. "Oh, there you are. Looking sharp, guys."

"Yeah, yeah. Once you're done staring at us, can you locate Matt for us? We're in a bit of a hurry." Tom says.

"Forget what Tom said, take your time, Carter. No rush. I can get used to this." Swift says as he hears the electronic music from within the hall grow louder and louder. With no hesitance, Swift walks through the swarm of well-dressed people into the main hall, with Tom following him cautiously. Before the main hall they enter a relatively empty space that connects between several parts of the hall.

"While Carter works his magic," Swift points in a certain direction, where Tom spots a bar area. "I don't mind a couple of shots."

"We're here to intervene with an arms deal, not to drink." Tom reminds with a stern look, enough for Swift to oblige.

"Okay, okay, you're right. What was I thinking, drinking on the job?" Swift mutter, realizing how unprofessional that would be. "Let's just wait at the main hall before Carter's done."

Tom nods, and they both agree to head into the main hall just by walking through an open door. This whole time, Swift noticed rapid strobing white lights sourcing from that same door, but as he entered, he discovered what made those lights. In the main hall is a big show stage with a bright white platform, with gray curtains at the back end of the stage. Gala patrons are already surrounding the stage, filling the massive room.