Chapter 9: Northview

MONDAY.

The night goes over quickly as Swift feels. One moment he is still scrolling through social media trying to get himself tired and be able to have a good night's sleep, the next thing he knew he found himself opening his eyes back in his bedroom apartment, sleeping on the massive bed he acquired for himself. The room dimly lit by the faint sunlight that is still in the process of rising over the horizon. Swift's hand swings erratically to the side, trying to find the nightstand lamp. After his hand lands on the table, he quickly raises it and presses a circular button right after he felt it, lighting up the bedside.

Swift picks his phone up that lies on the nightstand. He checks the time. It's 5:37 AM. Maybe this is a good time to start getting ready. Today's the big day, the first day Swift and Tom will enter Northview. He rolls his eyes at the thought.

Finished taking his cold morning shower, Swift quickly got dressed and walked to the kitchen counter, grabbing an empty glass and filling it up with water from a dispenser next to the sink. A nice and clean drink would be perfect to start the day as Swift thought. Swift then takes the glass against his lips and pours the water down his throat, giving him a refreshing sensation within. Right after he is done with his drink, Swift sees Tom walking out of the guest bedroom. Tom looks like he just woke up, his black hair messy and still wearing his sleep attire of a dark t-shirt and shorts.

"Good morning." Swift raises his glass and greets Tom, who glances at him with narrow eyes. Tom is impressed that Swift is already prepared for the day ahead of him. Did I sleep that late?

"What time is it?" Tom yawns, taking a look out the window.

"Early enough for you to get ready. Hurry up." Swift places his glass on the counter.

"You seem to be more committed than I am. What happened to 'schools are the worst?'" Tom says with a sarcastic, whiney tone.

Swift chuckles, "I never said that. I only said I've never been enrolled in schools before, in my entire life, so this could be difficult for me. Also, you know how I take my job seriously, even ones that are stupid."

"Whatever." Tom scoffs, walking into the bathroom. Swift chuckles at Tom's expression. Swift almost forgot. He then speedwalks across the living room, where Carter is still having a good sleep on the couch, his laptop open. Swift heads into his bedroom and picks up his leather brown sling bag leaning on his bedside. Last night he already packed what he needed to bring into Northview. Though he didn't really need it, from writing utensils and a notebook, it helps with the disguise. That and Swift needs it in case he needs to 'take notes.' Amid the school supplies he brought is his pistol, hidden safe and deep within his bag. As a ready and cautious person like himself, Swift always takes his piece everywhere as a defense.

"Carter!"

Carter's entire body twitches, his sleep ending abruptly after hearing Swift calling him out. He almost falls from the couch he is sleeping on. He looks up, seeing Swift and Tom fully prepared to depart near the front door. Swift with his leather sling bag hanging by his shoulder and Tom with his dark green backpack ready, both of them well dressed as undercover students. Swift wore his favorite open plaid-blue shirt and a white shirt underneath. Tom is a lot more concealed, wearing a gray hoodie and black jeans. Carter catches the edge of the couch just in time to prevent him from falling to the floor, or worse, bumping the glass table in front of the couch accidentally.

"What?"

"It's our time to leave."

"So? Go. I'm only an analyst, remember? What do you expect me to do, drive you to school? What am I, your dad?"