Chapter 11: Fulfilling The Dress Code

While crossing his arms, Swift sighs and rolls his eyes. "Whatever." He mutters. Jake takes his leave, walking past Matt who approaches Swift. Jake's goons who attacked Swift weakly stand up and walk out of the cafeteria, limping away. Swift catches one boy whose face he punched glaring back at him, so Swift jolts towards him for a split second teasingly, as if he's going after him again. The boy quickly hurries out of the cafeteria alongside his friends. With the commotion ending, everyone is dismissed, with a few of them sighing disappointingly. It was getting good. Swift cleans himself as Matt goes to confront him curiously.

"Matt," Swift utters.

"I don't believe I've seen you before." Matt raises his eyebrow.

"Yeah, I'm... new here."

"Did you just call me Matt?"

Swift stops. He wasn't supposed to know that. He only knew that from Allison. "Well, I heard him say it." He says without letting out a stutter or visibly looking nervous, referring to Jake.

"Ah, yeah. Jake. Sorry about him, he could be a dick sometimes." Matt says, to Swift's agreement by nodding.

"Oh, you don't have to tell me." Swift jokes.

"You're not hurt, right?"

"Me? No. Of course not. Not a scratch."

"You're quite the fighter," Matt praises. "Where'd you learn to do that?"

"Oh, um... Experience, I guess?." Swift fixes his sleeves, then he shrugs. What was he supposed to say? He's trained by the director of the CIA?

Matt chuckles, "I see you've met people like Jake,"

A lot worse, actually. Swift says in his head. There's a moment of silence between them before Matt nods, "Anyways... I gotta go. See you around... new kid." With not another word to say, Matt turns his back on Swift and heads out of the cafeteria. Swift, silent in his place, is approached by Tom.

"Was that him? That was Matt?"

Swift nods, "That was Matt, surprisingly."

"He didn't look that menacing."

"Sure, on the outside. You know how hidden villains work." Swift comments, to Tom's agreement.

"You have got to be kidding me." Swift and Tom hear that, and they turn to see Dane with a curious yet surprised expression.

"What?" Swift asks.

"I'm sorry, I just couldn't believe my eyes back there. What the hell was that?!" Dane says. The fight blew him away as it seems. "First day of school and you already pick a fight with the school's biggest douchebag?!" He says in a disbelieving tone.

"I don't know if you're saying like it's a bad thing or if you're impressed," Tom replies.

"How about a bit of both?" Dane says, making Swift and Tom share looks at each other. "That was dangerous, but that was badass." He praises as Iggy walks up to his side. Swift somewhat appreciated the praise he gave to him.

"Super badass," Iggy adds. "You literally won one versus five. That was cool."

Dane lets out a sigh, "Indeed, that was cool." With that, Swift smiles sincerely at that compliment.

"I just remembered I wanted to go to the bathroom before that." Swift realizes he's been wanting to go until the fight broke out, preventing him to.

"Oh, you need a bathroom? It's out in the hall towards the left, you'll find it along the way." Dane motions to the hallway... where Jake and his legion of goons went. If Swift were to head into the hallway, he knew he had to be careful in case any of them decides to jump him.