Letting it go....[TS - 1]

Hello folks back with another OS, happy reading !!!!

Referral Note : This OS will be post the 2nd last episode of ZDMN. The last episode left like it wasn't complete properly or let's say didn't get a proper closure. Zero to no communication between Karan & Monami post such a horrific revelation just didn't fit right. So hence here I am with this OS.

GODOWN WHERE MONAMI WAS CAPTURED

Karan shot his elder brother on the right side of his chest. Param was right Karan wouldn't dare shoot his elder brother, but the one who was shot wasn't Karan's elder brother or the country devoted soldier it was merely a broken man who was manipulated to such an extent that he felt that his own family and country were against him.

'Aap apni desh ke prati khayi huyi kasam bhul gaye bhaiya par mai nahi bhula.' Karan said as he lowered his smoking gun looking at the now unconscious Param.

'Karan' Monami whispered. It was just so slow and soft that no one could have heard it but the person who's name was called heard it and rushed towards her. He quickly unfastened the ropes around her and was soon engulfed in a hug. He just buried his face in her shoulder breathing in the familiar scent of her, she caressed his back in a soothing manner trying to calm the turmoil that was taking place inside of him. The moment she was held at gunpoint by his own brother replayed in his mind. She could've lost her life and it would have been because of him.

Karan pulled himself out of the embrace and looked at her from head to toe. He kissed her forehead and asked her. 'Monami tum theek ho? Kuch hua toh nahi na tumhe?'

'I'm fine Karan, kuch nahi hua hai mujhe. Tum theek ho?' Monami asked him softly.

And that's when Karan froze he nodded his head in a yes and looked at her too afraid to open his mouth.

'Karan, Param bhaiya.' Monami said and rushed towards Param.

She checked him and the wound and realized his pulse was there faint but there and she looked at Batra sir and Karan.

'Pulse is still there weak hai par, he should be fine.' Monami said while pressing the wound with a handkerchief that Karan had handed her to reduce the bleeding.

'Maine raste mai hi Banta ko inform kar diya tha woh aata hi hoga.' Batra sir said and as if on cue Ustadji arrived with a team of paramedics and took Param away for urgent treatment.

Batra sir patted Karan's back, both with pride for him as his senior and with empathy as a father figure. Karan looked at him and nodded his head and left from there.

'Monami isse thodi der akela chod dete hai. Par ispe dhyaan rakhna padega, yeh baat tum bhi jaanti ho aur mai bhi bhale hi khudko itna strong dikhata hai par hai nahi. Andar se bilkul tut gaya hai mera bacha, usne kabhi socha bhi nahi hoga ki jiss bhai so woh itna pyaar karta tha wahi usse itna bada dhokha bhi dega.' Batra sir said solemnly while looking at Monami at this point both of them were teary eyed.

'I know sir I just hope Karan phir se apne aap ko ussi shell mai na daal de' Monami replied 'But mai bhi ulti Khopdi ki fiancé hu I'll make sure woh aesa kuch na kare.' She spoke with detemination in her voice. Batra sir nodded with a grateful expression on her face.

PARAKRAM SAF ACADEMY

After Batra sir and Monami had returned to the academy and after a flurry of hugs and concern filled rapid fire, they had informed the remaining cadets and trainers about the showdown between Karan and Param. Param was at the hospital and the surgery was successful by god's grace but he would be punished for his crimes. Barkha was with him at the hospital with Batra ma'am by her side and Batra sir would join them soon. Baby was with Balli who had no idea about the entire scenario. Soon the cadets and trainers were called to put the day to bed and they dispersed.

Left behind were Batra sir, Faizi, Monami and Sid.

'Faizi-Sid, Karan wapas aaya kya academy?' Monami asked.

'Nahi Monami Karan toh wapas nahi aaya. Aaplogo ke saath nahi dekha toh humme laga woh hospital mai hoga.' Faizi replied with concern laced in his voice.

'Kya hua Monu ? Karan bro is fine na.' Sid asked softly

'Woh hi toh patah nahi Sid, jab woh waha se nikal he was just too broken and humne decide kia tha ki usse hum space denge par ab uski chinta ho rahi hai. I know woh strong hai par still I'm worried for him.' Monami said.

'Ya allah kaha gaye honge yeh janab.' Faizi said exasperatedly sighing.

'I think mujhe patah hai Shergill kaha hoga.' Batra sir said and looked at Monami and Faizi who nodded.

'Kaha honge Karan bro?' Sid asked

'Woh ghar pai hoga Sidharth jaha woh itne saalo se jaane se darta tha kyuki Param ki yaadein uss ghar mai usse sataati thi. Woh Barkha aur Baby se milne jaata zaroor tha waha par rehta kabhi nahi tha kyuki woh beete huye lamhe usse aksar pareshaan kar deti thi.' Batra sir said. 'Monami tum fauran fresh hojau aur waha jau, usse tumhaari sakt zaroorat hai.'

'Yes sir.' And Monami left from there to freshen up as soon as she could.

'Faizi tum mere saath chalo aur Sid mai tumhe address deta hu, Monami ko waha chodke aau.' Batra sir ordered and left the latter two on toes with him.

SHERGILL HOUSE

Karan sat at the seating arrangement on the terrace. Knees to his chest, hands crossed at the knees he looked into nothing. His face was practically emotionless, but he himself knew that a tsunami of emotions was taking place in his heart.

Karan sat there pondering how and why would his own brother who loved him to bits would not only betray his own family but also his country. All the moments he spent with his param bhaiya were running a marathon in his mind. Alongside those memories was the moment where when Monami was held at gunpoint by Param.She was supposed to be his strength and she always would be, but he couldn't help but agree to the fact that even though she was his strength she was his week-ness as well.

As he sat there reminiscing the past few hours and the events which had taken place, altered his life drastically. Not only did Param bhaiya confess to his crimes, but when he confessed Karan got to know how the terrorists had brainwashed his brother. Batra sir's acclamation that his best commando Special Agent Param Shergill was badly brainwashed hit him hard, he knew that his brother would face punishment for his treachery against the nation and his brother would serve it as well, but he hoped that after the punishment and all is brother would return to being his elder brother and a patriot. Realization hit him that in defense he had shot his brother, his brother was unconscious then and was taken to the hospital as soon as possible...but how was his brother now ? Had he survived the gunshot?

Instantly at that moment realization hit Karan, panic took over his face he looked aside to search for his phone. When he had reached home, Karan felt as if he was on autopilot. He vaguely remembered keeping his service revolver on the bed and changing from his ceremonial uniform and getting to the terrace, it felt as if his entire day had gone in a blur. With the feeling of trepidation he looked besides himself for the phone, and that's when someone handed him his phone.

He frantically took his phone and was about to dial the call to Batra sir, and that's when he had an epiphany hadn't he come home to an empty house? He looked up and saw Monami standing handnh him is phone with a bittersweet expression.

'Mo-monami?' Karan asked surprised. Was she really here ?

Okay guys so here's the next OS...okay but ig it could be turned into a two shot. Now that depends if you guys wanna read this story further.

Also the suggestion for this OS/TS was given by @TaniyaSJessani , hopefully you wouldn't mind if I added a few of my inputs in here.

If you liked this part, do vote and comment I'd love to read your views and any suggestions, ideas, advises, criticism is welcome.

Target : 35+ votes (if you guys are interested in the next chapter)

Until next time Adiosss 🌻🍃

Yours Truly,
Sara 🤍💫