Peril....[SS-5]

Hey guys here's the next part...Happy Reading !!!

NEXT DAY

 It had been a day since Karan was unconscious partly because he was induced into it before intentionally to heal and partly because he was tried to kill and had to be put under heavy sedatives again. Param, Faizi, Batra sir and ma'am were in Karan's room at the moment. It had become difficult for Batra ma'am to stay at home whilst her son was in the hospital so she had coerced Batra sir into getting her to the hospital.

From one view it was good since, Param and Faizi who had come early had tried to persuade Monami into going to the academy and freshen up. But upon the Batra couple's arrival she clearly had no say and had to go back to the academy to freshen up.

Dr. Mahajan had come in to check upon Karan on his morning round and had found the latter's vitals were normal and he was expected to gain consciousness soon.

'Dr. Mahajan, Karan ko hosh kab tak aayega?' Batra ma'am asked she was seated besides Karan on the stool caressing Karan's hair in motherly affection.

'Karan ke vitals toh normal hai and uski health mai kal se kaafi improvement hai hopefully usse jaldi hosh aa jaana chahiye.' Dr. Mahajan replied looking optimistic.

'Thank god.' Param said sighing in deep relief.

'Ya allah inn janabji ho hosh aajayegi yeh achi baat hai...lekin yeh uthte hi kahega ki isse wapas academy jaana hai.' Faizi said shaking his head at his best friend.

'Mai dekhti hu kaise yeh academy jaane ki zidd karta hai.' Batra sir said.

'Haa Pushpinderji sambhaaliye aap hi apne best commando ko humaari ek baat nahi maanega.' Batra ma'am said knowing very well how Karan would find 101 reasons to leave the hospital the moment he gets up.

'Sahi kaha aapne Batra ma'am dekh lena agar humne isse mana kia toh kahega' Faizi said changing his baritone to a deeper voice 'Hospital bhi koi rehne ki jagah hai.' he completed rolling his eyes like Karan would.

Karan who was slowly gaining consciousness heard Batra sir, Batra ma'am and Faizi's voice.Even though he was still trying to adjust with the light spewing in his eyes, his ears thanks to him being commando were sharp.

'Galat...baat..thodi..hai..saandh' Karan said meekly but everyone heard it.

And their faces bloomed with huge grins of happiness, tears welled up in the eyes of Batra ma'am as she continued to caress Karan's hair.

'Chotte yaar tujhe finally hosh aagaya.' Param said while keeping his hand on Karan's shoulder.

'Kaisa lag raha hai Shergill?' Batra sir asked.

'Better sir.' Karan said his voice still meek and gruff.

'Dr. Mahajan aap inn janabji ko ek baar check kar lijiye ek pal ke liye bhi bharosa nahi hai humme inn par.' Faizi said and Dr. Mahajan went ahead to check Karan as Param shifted to the other side.

Karan looked puzzled to see Dr. Mahajan there but then remembered that the latter was a doctor and made sense for him to be in a hospital and check him. Karan waited as Dr. Mahajan checked him.

'Kaha tha tension ki koi baat nahi hai bass aaram ki zaroorat hai.' Dr. Mahajan said looking at the other occupants who sighed in relief listening to the report. Dr. Mahajan looked at Karan who was struggling with something and he realised that he probably needed water, since most of the patients needed it post surgery.

Karan tried getting up since he was fed up of lying in the bed already, Dr. Mahajan and Param saw him getting up without any help and saw that he was clearly struggling due to the wounds that were still raw in the process of healing. The latter two helped him sit straight and Dr. Mahajan passed him a glass of water.