Chapter 5 - Sneaky Vicky

Rose was frozen by the sight of the boy she liked dancing with another princess. She felt her heart racing at a dangerous level, her cheeks got red in frustration and she forced back the tears that started to form in her eyes.

Most of the time, she was a rather naive girl. She never cared too much about her looks or the way she acted. Being herself was always enough.

But for some reason, seeing Hawk with Ambrosia made her doubt herself. Would he like her better if she was a little more quiet whenever she spoke? If her hairstyle was always so perfect? If she were more gracious?

No, if he doesn't like me for my genuine self, then maybe we're just not meant to be together. She broke herself out of her destructive thoughts.

For a brief moment, her gaze met with his and she felt an urge to get away as fast as she could.

Hawk saw her running towards the school's portal and was just about to go chase her when he felt a squeeze on his hand and reminded him of his current situation.

Ambrosia was looking at him with a rage glare that clearly said 'don't you dare abandon me here' and Hawk, being the gentleprince he was, would not let her stand on the dance floor by herself.

As much as he didn't want to, he had to stay there until the song was finished.

Shaken by the scene she had just witnessed, Rose ran to the school's portal like her life depended on it and used her key to go back to Earth, not even paying attention to a sneaky Vicky that followed her, hoping this would be the perfect opportunity to get back at the six great fairy tale families.

As the dance with Ambrosia ended, Hawk rushed to the portal, but once he got there it was too late. She was gone.

Rose went home devastated, she only blamed herself for being stupid enough to think she had a chance with Hawk.

At her room, she crashed into her bed, right where her fairy tale collection was and it made it fall onto the floor.

She didn't even bother to go pick it up, she was feeling strengthless and all she wanted was for this feeling to disappear.

After she cried herself to sleep, a quiet creaking as the door opened revealed Vicky with a mischievous grin on her face.

"Oh, let me see where you've been keeping my treasured snow globe, little Cinderella", she said while going through Rose's stuff.

She searched in her closet, her bedside table and everywhere else until she stumbled into something that made her fall.

She cursed, worried that the thud caused by her fall might have woken up the sleepy girl. But when she saw what she had stumbled into, a satisfied grin appeared on her face.

"Oh, look what we have here...".

Author's note:

Hi, everyone! How you doin'?

So, this week we have a 4 day holiday here in Brazil (yay, it's Carnaval). College and work have been exhausting, that's why I'll be having a little break, so it'll take me some time to work on the new chapters.

The next chapter will be out on february 25th.

Hope you enjoyed the story until here and I'll be back soon. Xoxo :)