Chapter 20 - Hawk to the rescue

Tinker Bell returned with all the fairy dust she could carry in her tiny body and so, the plan was put to action.

The pirate's ship should be somewhere across the sea, and that's the reason why they couldn't risk riding their dragons or taking a boat if they wanted a surprise attack. Being that so, they would take advantage of the fog that came with dusk to use the fairy dust and fly just above the surface, careful to stay out of sight.

When the right moment came, Tinker Bell dropped the fairy dust over them and the lost boys started to explain how it worked.

"Just think happy thoughts and they'll make you light as a feather"

"Okay?". Travis mumbled, looking at Ling-Ling with a raised eyebrow to check if she was as confused as he was, but he was startled to see her feet start to gain some distance from the floor.

"Don't overthink it, Travis. Just do what they said". She spoke, noticing his questioning look.

Following the vague instruction, they all did as they were told, and started to float next to the ground. Rose, on the other hand, was having some trouble with the happy part of her thoughts.

"Come on, Rose. If someone should be nailing it, it's you. You're the most annoyingly optimistic person I know. You can totally do this". Ling-Ling encouraged her.

Rose's thoughts were going all over her argument with Hawk, which didn't leave much space in her mind for rainbows and unicorns. But then she focused on another memory she had of the raven haired boy...

The warm feeling of his hand touching hers while they were in the forest, the way she felt protected and yet scared that he would let her go. The hug he gave her when he saw she had woken up in Rapunzel's castle. Their gazes lost into each other's eyes when they danced at the ball.

Suddenly, her feet left the ground and she held onto those thoughts to keep it that way.

After crossing the distance til the pirate's ship, successfully not being spotted, they looked around to search for Peter. He was tied to the top of the mast, which was very convenient since they all could fly at the moment and it would be an easy task to free him.

Tinker Bell flew up to him to take a look at his situation. Instead of the usual rope tying someone to the mast, there was a chain circling him and a padlock closing it. She got back to the others and shook her head in disappointment, letting them know it was not gonna be so easy as they expected.

So they put plan B to action: attacking with all they got.

The crew was easily taken down, but they still didn't have an idea where the key to the padlock was. While they were looking for it between the fallen crew, Hook appeared with a smirk on his face.

"Looking for something?". He asked as he showed off his hook with the key hanging from it.

Tinker Bell's face burned a bright red as she went towards him, being easily grabbed by the wings for his free hand.

"You fools seem to have misunderstood the situation. I'm pretty sure I told you to leave or I would end you for good". He glared at the heroes for a moment, his eyes filled with despise for the kids, and without breaking his intense gaze, he flicked the little fairy away.

"We're not letting you hurt Peter". One of the lost boys shouted.

"Oh, is that so?". He smirked, once again. "Smee!" He shouted and Smee came out of nowhere pushing a canon and pointing it to Peter's direction.

"Then, tell me, boy... How would you feel if I blasted your friend off existence?"

Involuntarily, the boys started to let the disturbing thoughts of Peter being blasted invade their minds. Soon, the fairydust alone couldn't keep them in the air anymore, and they fell on the floor beside the already recovered crew.

Travis, Ling-Ling and Rose were still trying to hold the happy thoughts as much as they could, but Hook knew exactly how to reach them.

"Well, I thought you were in six. What happened to the other three of you?". He started to provoke them.

And with those simple words, Rose was driven back to the moment Hawk chose to leave them.

"Rose, don't let him get to you". Ling-Ling said when she and Travis reached for Rose, trying to keep her up in the air, but it was worthless. Their worry for the blonde also brought them down, and they were now on the hands of the pirates.

"Well, that was easy enough. I didn't even bring your little boyfriend up". Hook earned a frown from Peter by calling Hawk her boyfriend.

"I see you don't like that idea very much, do you, Peter?". The captain teased and Peter turned his face, not wanting everyone to see his flustered face.

"Now, let's see... What should I do to your little blonde friend?". He continued.

"What about letting her go?". They heard a familiar voice and the boat rocked by the strong wind the dragons' wings blew. The crew was shaken and let go of the heroes to hold themselves. It was Hawk. Then Joy and Astoria joined him as well.

They dived, keeping just the right amount of distance from the boat to take their friends out of there. Hawk got Rose and went straight for Peter, freezing the chains and breaking them, easily, but the boy started to fall.

Hawk instantly reached for his hand and grabbed him, pulling him up on his dragon. Rose looked at him with confusion and worry, but the boy averted his eyes, avoiding her gaze.

Seeing their friend free and safe, the lost boys were able to fly once again, leaving only captain Hook and his crew aboard the ship.

"Fury magic". Travis called a tornado with his wand and it started to create gigantic waves that carried the ship away.

The mission was a success, and it was all thanks to a certain appearance that wasn't planned at all.

But why did they get back? Rose wondered as she prepared herself for a conversation she knew was coming, and so did Hawk.

"Wait, where's Tink?" Peter suddenly asked and everyone turned their heads every way to look for her, paying attention to any sign of a sparkling dot in the sky (that wasn't a star, of course). But the end of the search came when Joy looked down and spotted the little fairy holding herself for dear life in a scale of her dragon.

"Wait, she's here". The dragon stopped in the air and Joy cupped her hands together to let the fairy sit on them. Bringing her close, the girl noticed Tinker Bell was holding something.

"Tinker Bell, is that what I think it is!?"

Author's note:

Hey, guys. As I told you, I won't be updating for a while, I need a little more time to come up with more chapters. Don't worry, I already have the end of it planned, I just need to write the events until we get there. There's probably 10 or 15 chapters to go and I promise you I'll finish them asap. 

I'll make the comeback be worth the wait. Update you soon ;)