Chapter 25 - Answers

"Come on, guys. It's time to get back to Regal Academy and save our friends". Rose called out for the others as they took off on their dragons, Peter at their front to guide their way out.

When they were just about to take flight, a sleepy Tinkerbell appeared, rubbing her tired eyes as she had been awake until late night doing the readers know what. Once she looked at her surroundings, her eyes went wide as wind came harshly blowing her way from the strong wings of the dragons.

She was dragged by it, not being able to catch up with the others and ask what had happened for the six outsiders to be leaving. Nonetheless, she was just happy Rose was finally gone.

~~~

The six teenagers followed Peter through the sky.

"Come on up, everyone". He shouted and went straight up to the clouds. The others did the same.

Once they crossed the foggy sheet of clouds and their visions were clear once again, they noticed the bright, blue sky and the warm sun rays were no longer around them. The sky was dark, illuminated by the shine of a thousand stars. It was a beautiful view.

"How did that happen?". Rose asked.

"Some questions are better unanswered, don't you think? The mystery is part of what makes it so beautiful". Peter replied, smiling softly at her, and she could help but smile back at him.

Hawk, watching the interaction, rolled his eyes annoyingly. He could feel Astoria's gaze shooting at him from behind. He knew she would not let things lay low. She said she needed answers, and she was planning on having them as soon as they defeated Vicky.

Peter waved to get their attention and pointed out to the two most bright stars in the sky. A strange feeling that the stars were getting closer and closer started to overtake them. Their light became more intense by the second, until they could help but shut their eyes to avoid the brightness.

Once they felt the intensity of the light fade, they reopened their eyes to see they were no longer in Neverland.

"That's where I leave you". Peter said.

"How-". Rose started, but was cut out when Peter pressed his index finger against her lips. He gently grabbed her chin and brought her head up to face him.

"Remember what I told you? Some questions are better unanswered". And with that, he placed a feather light kiss on her cheek, making her a blushing mess.

"Don't be a stranger, Rose Cinderella". He winked at her and waved goodbye to the others while he faded in the clouds.

Meanwhile, Astoria kept looking at Hawk, innerly laughing at every frown on his face earned by Peter. She knew it was a little mean, and he was her friend, but she couldn't help but feel like he deserved it after what he did to Rose.

"Great, he's gone. Can we just go back to Regal Academy at once?". Hawk shoot out.

Everybody understood the bitterness in his tone. Everybody but Rose. But since nobody else seemed to care, she just let it pass without retaliation.

A while later, they landed in Cinderela's castle and were happy to see it wasn't invaded by Vicky and her crew. So, before heading to the school, they stayed a bit just so they could gather anything they might need and give the dragons a little rest.

When Rose, Travis, Joy and Ling-Ling went to the kitchen for some food, Astoria saw the perfect opportunity to talk to Hawk, so she grabbed his arm not so gently and pulled him into a room so they could talk privately.

"What was that for?" Hawk asked, looking a little annoyed.

"Oh, you know exactly what that's for and I hope you also know exactly what you'll say for dear life, because I swear I'll murder you if your reasons are less than perfect, Hawk Snow White". Astoria said furiously.

"What do you want me to say? That I was jealous and the kiss he gave Rose really got to me? Well, Astoria, that's exactly what happened." Answered Hawk, raising his voice to match Astoria's tone.

"No, you dork. I want you to tell me why you were even jealous when you were the one who shut Rose down by saying she was your best friend right after you kissed her". Once he heard Astoria say that, his expression changed from irritated to a really sad one, which she noticed right away.

"How... Did she tell you something?". He asked with a quiet voice.

"Yes, Hawk. She told me you kissed her and then said you're just friends. Come on, it sounds messed up just by saying it out loud. Why did you do this?" She kept the questions coming.

"I think... I got scared, okay? She didn't say anything and I was scared I had screwed everything up, so I backed up and apologized". He explained.

"Gosh, you're both helpless". Knowing her friend well enough, Astoria was sure Rose had just stood there speechless, waiting for any sign that what happened wasn't just a dream, which didn't help Hawk's nerves at all.

"I just don't wanna lose her, Astoria". He sighed.

"Way to show her that, prince charming". The response was involuntary, he was already beaten down, she didn't mean to make him feel worse.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh. I just really think you have to make things clear with her, otherwise, you might really lose her. Tell her how you feel, Hawk. I promise you it's the right thing to do". She said reassuringly.

Hawk didn't know why Astoria made it sound so easy, like she was sure something good would come out of his confession, but it gave him some hope, so he decided to try again when the time was right.

"I'll give it another shot. Just... No pressure, okay?" He was still hurt and insecure about the first time, so he had to wait until he could gather his courage again.

"You have my word". Astoria answered him with a smile.

Abruptly, the door opened loudly and the sound startled them.

"Oh, you're here. Come on, guys, we have to go". Ling-Ling called them out and they rushed to the dragons where the others were already waiting to head towards Regal Academy.

"You ready?". Travis shouted for all of them to hear.

When the instant "yeah" came from his friends, he said confidently:

"Then let's kick some bad guy's butts".