Chapter 12 - Peter Pan and the pirates

Author's note

Hi, everyone. I just wanted to say this story has over 600 views and that's really exciting. I hope you all stay around to see what's coming for the next chapters. Thank you so much, I hope you enjoy today's chapter and I'll be updating again on wednesday. Bye ;)

"ROSE, LOOK OUT!". Hawk yelled.

"Why did I have to open my mouth?" Travis grumbled.

A cannon-ball was headed towards Rose, and while her dragon was fast enough to dodge, Rose was too distracted with the fact she was in Neverland to react just as fast.

She tried to reach for the halter, it was too late. She was falling in the open sky.

"Rose, hang on!" Hawk shouted as he went for her rescue. He extended his arm, forcing his weight down on the back of his dragon to try and catch her.

Just when he was about to reach her hand, she vanished away in plain sight.

Hawk pulled his dragon back up, and when he searched for her, he saw a green dressed boy floating in the air, with pointy shoes and a terrified blonde princess in his arms.

Despite being grateful to the stranger for saving Rose's life, he didn't seem to like the idea of not being the one to save his damsel in distress.

Eyes still shut in fear, Rose started to slightly open them as she felt the strong arms that now held her. As she looked at the boy, she was a little shocked, kinda expecting he had less green and more blue to him.

Realizing who the boy was, her chin fell open and her eyes shone bright in adoration.

"You're Peter Pan. Oh my gosh! Best fairytale ever". She shouted, making the boy giggle as he put her back on her dragon's saddle.

"So, you know my name. I guess it's only fair that you tell me yours". Peter said

"Of course I know your name! I know pretty much every fairytale ever. I'm Rose Cinderella, by the way". Rose replied.

"Well, that's a lot of fairy tales you know there. Now, if you'll excuse me, my lady, I've got some business to take care of". He said, pressing a light kiss in her hand and leaning back, diving into the air like a feather being carried by the wind.

"We've got trespassers. Bring them down". Captain Hook commanded his crew.

"Nobody told you it's not polite to treat your guests like that, Hook?" Peter said with a mused grin on his face.

"Pan... How delightful to see you here. Now I can kill two birds with one stone". Hook answered his teasing.

Peter chuckled at his attempt of intimidation, having heard it more times than he could count.

"Fire!" Hook commanded and his crew started pointing all the cannons towards Peter and the dragons.

Cannon-balls flew from every direction. Peter, avoiding all of them like it was the easiest thing to do, went for the captain. The dragons, on the other hand, struggled to avert all the attacks.

"Fairytale of my dream, beast mask make the scene". Travis said the magical words and the mask appeared on his hands.

"Everybody, get behind me". He warned his friends and let out a huge roar. A hurricane started to form, the wind was so powerful that the cannon-balls were drawn by it.

He used the mask to stop the hurricane and all the cannon-balls started to fall into the ocean, splashing the ship where Peter was involved in a sword fight with Hook.

As the water settled down, a familiar sound surrounded the ship.

Tick, tock, tick, tock...

"Hey, does anybody else hear that?" Astoria asked.

As the sound became more audible, everybody aboard on the ship stopped what they were doing to focus on the sound and how close it was to them.

"Do you hear that, cap?". Peter asked Hook, in a mocking tone.

"Smee!" The captain called out for his right-hand man. "Get us out of here, you stinky pirate. That beast is craving another bite of me".

A giant crocodile put his head to the surface and opened his mouth as a threat to his target. Captain Hook's hand was, after all, the best meal he had ever had.

The crew hurried and set sail, leaving Peter and the others behind as the yells of Captain Hook echoed through the horizon.

Peter laughed and drew his attention back to the unknown strangers, showing a special interest for one in particular.

"So, what brings you to Neverland? Beautiful girls like you don't usually fall from the sky around here." Peter asked Rose, who immediately felt her cheeks flush by the sudden compliment.

"We're here to find the coin of the Wishing Well". Hawk answered with a rough tone to his voice, not bothering to hide the frown on his face as he looked at Peter, who didn't even take his eyes off Rose.

"Well then, I guess you just found the perfect guy to help with that". He gave Rose a smile and winked.

Hawk clenched his fist and prepared to punch that show-off elf as far as he could from Rose, but before doing anything, he started to think he would need a really good explanation for being rude to a guy who just offered them help. And he wasn't ready at all to explain that.

Yeah, I'll just keep it cool. At least for now...

"The coin is hidden with the rest of Hook's treasure, but luckily, I'm one of the few people who know just where it is. But first, we will need some help...". Peter finished and waved his hands, signaling for the others to follow him.