Chapter 21 - What am I waiting for?

Flashback

Tinker Bell was furious that Hook had the key to free Peter, and being the hotheaded fairy she was, she didn't think twice before flying towards the pirate to confront him. But the attempt was frustrated when he easily grabbed her by her wings. She struggled to get away, but her eyes fell on a round piece of gold shining in his pocket.

She knew immediately what it was, and had to think fast. While the captain gave the others a deathglare, Tinker Bell dropped some fairy dust from her hands and it made the coin float. She extended her arms, trying to get it asap, before the pirate could notice. When she finally reached the coin, Hook brought his other hand up to her side and flicked her away.

The fairy flew through the deck of the ship until she could get a hold of her wings and control herself. When she finally stopped spinning, she looked to her hands to make sure the coin was still there. Seeing it was secure, she landed on a spot to rest the heavy weight and waited for the right time to get out.

End of flashback

"Tinker Bell, you're absolutely my favorite fairy from all fairy tales ever". Astoria shouted.

Everyone greeted the fairy and told her how brave and smart she was, everyone but the specific person from whom she was hoping to get the attention she deserved... Peter had been quiet the whole time since Hawk saved him, and being quiet was definitely not one of his features. Something was wrong, but she couldn't tell what it was just now.

A moment later, the heroes landed next to the big old tree and Peter immediately hopped off Hawk's dragon. Tinker Bell tried to approach him to ask what was wrong, but the lost boys ran to him and gave him a group hug. She noted how the gesture of his friends made him change his expression. Sure it made him feel better, clouding the cause of his previous bad mood, but it didn't erase it from his mind.

Peter watched as Hawk helped Rose off the dragon, holding her firmly by her waist as she leaned on his shoulders for support. Once she was down, he let go of her waist and her hands slid over to his, he took a look at their intertwined hands and then turned his gaze to her, questioningly. Rose was looking right at him and when his gaze met hers, he felt like all happiness could be found there. All the anxiety he had just moments ago vanished, but it didn't take too long before that sensation wore off. Rose broke eye contact and gave him a sheepish smile, then she simply said "I think we need to talk". Hawk nodded his head in agreement and let her lead the way to some place more private where they could have this conversation.

The brunette boy saw the two of them slipping away hand in hand, and jealousy grew inside him. He had fallen for her hard and fast, a single day was enough for him to want her to stay there, but what was time for someone who never saw it pass? He had to do something to make her stay, no matter what.

~~~

"Here should be fine". Rose said and dropped Hawk's hand, turning to face him. He said a simple "okay" and waited for her to start talking, both filled with anxiety about how things were gonna turn out by the end of this conversation.

"I have a few questions I would like to ask in order to clarify some things." She started and he only nodded his head, letting her know she could ask anything she wanted. "So, firstly, how did you guys know where we were?"

"We went back to the tree, but of course we didn't find you there, but we found your dragons and they told us about your plan, so all we had to do was fly over the island to search for the pirate ship". He easily answered.

"That makes sense. Now, secondly, why did you come back?". The second question was a little bit more difficult to answer, because he knew the truth wasn't really what she would want to hear, but he couldn't lie to her again.