Chapter 22 - A Turn of Events

Peter's pov

Peter saw Hawk and Rose walking towards the forest hand in hand. So he waited for everybody to get into the tree hideout and decided to discreetly follow the couple, careful not to be spotted. But there was someone who he couldn't escape from, someone who had been keeping an eye on him since he fell from the mast of the pirate ship and couldn't fly anymore. Tinker Bell noticed the boy slipping away from the others while they celebrated the success on the mission, and so, she followed him.

"Here should be fine". Rose said.

Peter noticed they had stopped walking and found a place to hide from where he could spy the couple. He could barely understand what they were saying, but by the looks of it, they were having some kind of argument.

He watched their gestures and the expressions on their faces. Rose didn't seem very happy about whatever happened between them, and he was trying to remedy that. The idea of them not being on good terms put a satisfied grin on Peter's face.

But just as fast as his grin appeared, it vanished when he noticed Hawk getting a little too close to Rose. He wanted to interrupt them, but before he could think of a way to do that and not look like a stalker, Hawk placed a kiss on her lips.

He clenched his fists and teeth, his hands shaking from the pressure he was putting due to his rage. The only thing that prevented from jumping out of his spot to crush their party was Tinker Bell suddenly sitting on his shoulder and placing a hand on his cheek, soothingly.

She offered him a reassuring smile and pointed to something floating in the air, next to her. Taking a glance at the coin, an idea immediately popped into his mind.

"That's it! Tink, you're the best". He told her and she blushed at his compliment.

Little did he know, Tinker Bell was madly jealous of the affection he seemed to hold for the blonde girl. It was like reviving Wendy all over again, and it took him quite some time to get over her. She cared deeply for the boy, and seeing him hurt made her sad, but she wouldn't let that clumsy blonde girl get close to him.

Lost in thought, Tink didn't realize Peter had come out of hiding and called out for Rose. The fairy was wrathful, she stood up on his shoulder and flew away with teary eyes, but the boy didn't seem to care, or even notice, he just wanted to take Rose away from that wannabe prince charming.

~~~

Once they got back, the others went all over them, asking where they had been, but Peter cut them all off as he announced he had something important to say.

"Guys, as you all know, our new friends came to Neverland searching for the coin of the wishing well in hopes it will help save their school. Tinker Bell, in all her bravery, took it from Hook and gave it to me". He lifted a little bag in his hand, which contained said object.

"Great, now if you please hand it over and we will go on with our mission". Hawk interjected.

Peter didn't mind his comment and continued.

"I would like to thank you for rescuing me and congratulate you all for your courage. But, there is also one more thing I would like...". He approached Rose and looked straight into her eyes, their bodies just inches away.

"Rose, I want you to stay here in Neverland with me". He stated.

Rose and her friends said a loud "what?" in unison as their jaws dropped open and their eyes widened in surprise.

"I like you, Rose, and I want you to stay with me". He repeated and held her hand, this time.

Hawk was now about as red as the apple of his grandma's fairy tale. He had a furious look printed on his face and his fists were trembling as he clenched them furiously.