Chapter 11: Dance Moves

A/N: Hey guys. Yes I'm still alive and back on Wattpad! I know I've abandoned this story for almost a year already. I was so busy with school so I didn't have any chance to update. Hopefully I will have time to write more. Love you all xx
-dauntlessrocker

So basically the move involved three people linking their arms together, running and once gaining enough speed, simultaneously do a flip. Basically it's a triple flip. Another term for it? Suicide. One wrong step and it cause the team the championship. Plus, you can get a set of broken ribs.

"What? Why?" I asked Tasha, wondering.

"We're going to need it if we want to win Jess." Tasha exclaimed.

"I wasn't thinking when I suggested it. It's not safe. No team has ever even attempted it." I said

"That is why we are a sure win when we pull this off."

" If we pull it off." I corrected.

"We don't have a choice Jess. We need to stand out to those judges. I think our routine's too...you know..typical. I need to win my last championship Jess. I am graduating, in case you forgot." Tasha reminded me.

"Okay sure! But how do we convince the others to do it?? Especially Hannah??" I asked worriedly.

"I have my ways. Now we have to decide the three girls who do it." Tasha said.

"Well me, obviously. My idea, my risk." I volunteered.

"Okay, good. That makes two of us. I think Leila would be willing."

"I hope so." I replied

"Okay, let's go talk to them."

I didn't come along when Tasha tried to convince the girls, but of course I had to listen in to what they were saying. They were all in the dressing room while I waited across the hall.

I heard a mix of emotions. Some were scared, some said it was too scary. Surprisingly, a few agreed, including Leila and she was the third one to join us. Of course I can hear Hannah protesting and questioning Tasha's decision, but Tasha cut her off.

I slowly opened the door and went in. All the girls were staring at me. Hannah was mad and she hissed at my ear.

"If we lose I would never forgive you!" Afterwards she stomped off.

It was 2 hours before the exhibition, so Tasha, Leila and I practiced and practiced. Until it was our turn and to my ultimate joy and pride that lingered in my heart, it was a success. We pulled it off. And we won the championship. We all cheered as Tasha and Coach Dinah claimed the trophy.

Tasha went back to our place and to my shock, she hugged me and said:

"You did this. Not me. Thank you."

Then she called all the girls to cheer for me and they did. Everyone cheered my name except Hannah.

I woke up from my nap. Can't believe that event was my dream. Well, having a bucket full of iced water land on your face does things.

Anyways, so that was it. When Tasha graduated from HAPA, she still coached us from time to time with Coach Dinah, who was also a HAPA alumnae. Of course they weren't there all the time, so it was usually up to the captains of the squad.

Ever since then, the team had respect for me, but that didn't stop them from teasing me, especially Hannah.

But I love dancing. If I weren't an actress, I see myself in the music industry or be into choreography. I really love performing. Maybe that's why I've stayed in the squad despite what they do to me.

I checked my phone. Drew texted.

"How are you? How did the auditions go?"

I texted back. "Just woke up. Call you later."

I went to my desk and opened up my laptop. My mom tried to call me for a video chatm I clicked the "call back" button amd waited for an answer.

My mom picked up the call after a few rings and now I can see her on screen.

"Hey Mom! How are you?" I asked.

"Hey darling! Everything's good here! How about you? All good?"

"Yeah..." I lied. I didn't want her to worry about me.

"How about your dad and brothers? Are they okay?"

"Yeah. They're all working so it's just me here." I said.

"Oh okay. Jess, honey, I was wondering. Well I know it's been only a few days since school started, and I know your worries about the whole 'Getting There' class and the Broadway thing you wanted but-"

I cut her off. "Oh my gosh Mom! How did you find out?!"

"Your Dad and I talk every night dear. We are married." Mom said. Oh right. Oops.

"And you agree with him?" I asked, suddenly upset.

"Not entirely, but the decision has been made. Your father already cancelled your audition. That is why I'm asking you to fly to Australia this weekend and meet with me. Maybe we can find something for you."

"Mom, thank you so much! But you know I like to be independent when it comes to this." I reminded her.

"I know. I'm just gonna help you find the casting directors but you make the calls. You drive to the auditions. You do all the important stuff. Just visit here, if you really want to stay in SFF."

"Okay, okay, you're right. I'll come to Aussie. I'll go tell Dad after this."

"That is already settled dear. He already knows." Mom said.

"Oh right. Because you talk every night!" I said.

"That's love my dear. You and Drew are gonna be like that someday." Mom said sweetly.

"Yeah, but not as sappy as you guys." I joked.

"Hahaha. Oh, got to go honey! See you this weekend. Love you!"

"Love you too Mom. See you. Bye."

"Bye dear."

The phone ended and I'm glad I get to escape school drama for a while. Aussie vibes are coming. Oh yeah.