Chapter 10: The Aftermath

A/N: Hi guys. I know you all are probably mad at me since I originally promised that I will update every week, and in fact it's been 2 months since the last chapter came up. It's just that I've been so busy with school. Last month we had a ton of projects and super hard tests, and now I have lots of extra-curricular activities to attend to. So sad to say this, but I might update only once a month now, or simply whenever I don't have anything to do. So I'll appreciate it if you guys add my story to your libraries so that you know if there's an update. I'm really really sorry. Please do understand. I love all of you so much and I never expected to get so many reads on my first story. You guys are the best. And since this note is getting too long, I present Chapter 10!
-dauntlessrocker

My first thought was "Oh shit, it's cold. Just like a shower in the early morning." But then I realized that I'm not supposed to be cold at this time. What happened? Oh right. I've been pranked by those cheerleaders behind me, whose giggles can be heard from here. I wipe my face with my hands, then shake them. I take a deep breath and walk back towards them. I clear my throat and say in a calm expression.

"I know this is you, guys. Why?" I look them in the eye, as they stare at each other, waiting for someone to take the lead. After quite some time Leila stands up.

"Jess I honestly didn't know about this. I'm so sorry. I'll find out who did this I swear-"

"Bullshit!" I cut her off. This is it. I can't stand this anymore. I glare at them and they look surprised with my outburst.

"I'm done with all your "being nice" crap!" I continue. "Ever since what happened in my Freshman year you've all been acting like this to me! What did I ever do to you?"

One of the other seniors stood up. Hannah. She's Leila's right hand. "That's the point Jess! You don't get it! You always think your right about everything but you're not! You're a mean arrogant bi-"

"If there's anyone arrogant here it's you!" I answer back. "All of you! You think that you guys are the only ones right in this squad and you're too selfish to even give a crap about any of our ideas! So if I were you, check your fucking attitude before throwing a bucket of water at others okay?!"

I turn around and walk away this time. I didn't even bother to look back to see their reactions.

I drive home after that. I can't put my mind on anything else. I'm too exhausted. I park up at our garage then I head inside. Only my brother Peter was there, but he was too busy reading a book so didn't notice me when I came in. I climb up the stairs then rush to my room and lock the door. Then I hear something vibrating. Oh, my phone. I ignore it and crash into my bed. Then I slowly drift to sleep.

This happened during my Freshman year. This part was only narrated to me by Tasha, the head captain at that time.

"Where the hell is she? We're gonna have to forfeit if she doesn't arrive!" Hanna exclaims.

"Girl, chill. She's gonna come." Leila reasons out.

"But remember? Jess and I fought because I think the move she invented sucked?" Hannah recalled.

"But it didn't right?" Leila asked.

"Well, no...." Hannah confessed.

"Then why aren't we doing it?"

"Because she's not the captain! Tasha is! Jess is a freshmen for God's sake! We can't actually-"

"She's here!" Tasha exclaims as she hugs Jess. "Thank God you're here!"

Okay here's when I come in:

I run towards them and give my apologies.
"Hey guys, I'm really sorry! It's just that I had to answer a lot of questions for the press-"

"Okay okay we get it! Now let's go inside! It's almost our turn!" Hannah cuts me off.

All the cheerleaders head inside the arena. I was about to enter when Tasha stops me.
"Hey I'm really sorry...." I start.

"It's okay Jess! I completely understand. As for Hannah...."  Tasha falters.

"Yeah I know. I'm used to it." I reply.

"Speaking of Hannah and your fight yesterday, I thought of something." Tasha says.

"What?" I ask, confused.

"I think you're right." Tasha simply tells me.

"Right about what?"

"I think we should do the move you thought of."