balloon 🎈 (paul)

"hello everyone of all sexual orientations, religions, genders! welcome to the balloon show!" you smiled. you were dressed as a clown to entertain all the kiddies and maybe even sometimes the adults, either way you loved your job. on this particular day, may 4, you were getting ready to put on the show of a lifetime when he spotted you.

doe like hazel eyes, brown hair, he was a regular. he often came here with his half sister ruth, but today he was all alone. your eyes met quickly as he waved at you.

you waved back, looking down before starting the show. one little kid named ralphie glanced up at you, clapping,

"hi clown (y/n) thank you for making me happy." the little boy grinned.

"you're quite welcome little child!" you grinned.

as the show went on you began making balloon animals, and giving them off to your little guests. you even made one for paul. you decided to wait to give that to him.

after the show, paul waited for you, "those kids really love you, don't they?" he smiled, glancing at you taking off your makeup.

"yeah it's super adorable to make kids happy. it gets them out of their parents hair for a few hours and they can play around with the balloon animals i create for them. it's so beautiful." you beamed, handing him the balloon animal you made for him.

"you can give this to ruth if you'd like." you winked.

"thank you. she'll love this." he blushed.

"you're welcome."

he smiled as he cleared his throat, "are you busy tonight?"

you glanced over at him a bit shocked, "no i'm not. are you asking me out?"

"what if i said yes?" he winked.

"what if i said sure?" you blushed.

"then it's settled. tonight at 8, meet me at carmine's." paul blinked.

"sounds like a date." you reddened.

***
that night at carmine's you two hit it off, laughing and joking about. it was truly great to meet someone who treated you like royalty. you both ate a great meal, then got some dessert enjoying one another's company.