Episode 53

It was almost deep into the night; the more she tried to feign it, the more it hit her more painfully. She felt as if her brow was sweating, so she got up right away. She took her phone, which was properly placed on the desk next to the bed, and turned away from the duvets as she planned to use the restroom. Tiara entered the bathroom quietly, locking the door so May and Julie wouldn't notice, and quickly examined her swollen left hand. The pain seemed to be getting worse that night. Perhaps her playing golf the entire day may be the reason why the pain is increasing even more.

Luckily enough, she had put the extra hand brace in one of the lockers in the room to use whenever she urgently need it. Tiara then slowly put it through her hands, looking at her phone, and saw that it was close to 3 a.m. and she needs it to wrap it by her hand as fast as she could.  She then got herself out of the bathroom after putting it on. Kavin had already left before the clock struck midnight, so Tiara is the only one left in her room. As she is about to take a nap again, the sound of a notification from her phone can be heard. She moves slowly so that she doesn't make a hasty move that will hurt her left hand, and her other hands take the phone.

To her surprise, it was none other than Ren who texted her so late. He's not the type to start texting on the spur of the moment, so what's the deal, she wondered before reading the text?

Ren: Tiara?

Ren: I'm sorry to disturb you this late.

Ren: Are you awake yet?

She deliberated for a moment before deciding whether or not to respond to his text. After all, she didn't want to cause any more unnecessary misunderstandings with Kavin and Ren, but seeing that he texted him so late made her uneasy. Indeed, Ren was the one who took care of her when she was in a drunken state, so it will be right to reply. She can't decide whether or not to respond until another text arrives.

Ren: Seeing that you read the text, I assume that you are awake by now.

Ren: Ara, can I call you?

Ren: Please..

And before she could respond, she received a phone call. Luckily, no one was near the room, so with a sigh, she hesitantly answered the call.

Tiara: Hello? What's wrong, Ren? Are you okay? It's quite late now.

Meanwhile, Ren is relieved that she answered; he felt bad hearing her worried voice in the call, but she is still there, when he needs her the most and no one else is.

Ren: I'm sorry. Actually, Ara.. It appears once more.

Ren: I don't think I can do this..

Tiara then resorts to calming Ren down after hearing that he sounded like he had hiccups at the end, knowing that he is sensitive at times and that maybe he had it too one of the days.

Tiara: Ren, calm down, okay? You can do it. It's okay; you don't have to tell me what's happening. Just take a deep breath and do what I usually tell you to do. The trick. Remember?

Ren: Okay, I'll try.

He spoke with a shaky voice, but under Tiara's soft yet calm and unwavering support, he finally managed to feel a bit more controlled than before.

Tiara: Take a breath until 8 and remember to breathe it out by taking another 8 seconds later. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8. 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8- out. Tiara guides him as slowly and steadily as she can, and as she heard that Ren finally sounded more like his calm, composed self, she felt as if a burden was finally leaving her shoulder as well. Ren has the feeling that his cold hands are slowly getting warmer at the same time.

Ren: Ara. It worked again. This time. Perfectly as always. Thank you, and I'm sorry to wake you and disturb you this late.

She smiled upon hearing this, relieved that, after all, maybe it's great that she answered it, knowing how bizarre it can be for Ren when his panic attack occurs at night. It could have been worse. Tiara was kind of used to this anyway, but when this was happening to him, she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed as well.