𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4

♪ In my hands and my heart
Why can't I hold on? ♪

Max Verstappen POV

I got home quickly because Claire wasn't answering my calls and texts. I entered the living room and saw them sleeping on the couch. I've never seen my daughter looking so comfortable in someone's arms other than mine. I smiled and went into the kitchen. I drank a glass of water and felt myself finally relaxing. I picked up my laptop and read some of the emails Christian had sent. I was finishing it when I heard Claire's voice.

"I'm so sorry. She fell asleep and I did too. I should've tried to warn you, it slipped my mind" She says sitting by my side and I nod just giving her a smile.

"You are doing me a favor, there is no need to apologize. Thank you for treating her this well, she never knew what this was. Having a woman with her. I know my mom and my sister support me but it's not the same" I say and she puts her hand on my arm.

"I will be following Charles around this season, I had some job offers, I would like to see how it is and if I fit in. I don't want to work with Ferrari even though it's an option. If you need anything I could help. I know Sophie is always coming to help but I can help too, she is a really sweet girl, I wouldn't mind" I could feel the honesty in her voice and it made me feel strangely relaxed.

"I appreciate it, if something comes up I will try to swallow my pride and I will come to you" I say and we both let out a laugh.

"Well, I hope you really do that. I think we have known each other for long enough, there is no reason to be shy" She says getting up.

"I will see you soon then" I say and she smiles.

"Definitely" She says while going to the entrance hall while I followed.

"Tell me if you need any help too, I would be more than pleased to help you" I say and she nods.

"Take care" She says before entering her apartment.

I went back inside and lay on the couch by Olivia's side, she was sleeping like a baby. She woke up an hour later and she looked around confused. Her hair was perfectly braided and I knew she probably loved it because she always wants cool hairstyles and all that.

"Where is Claire?" She asks confusedly.

"She went home baby, she had other stuff to do. Are you feeling better?" She nodded frantically and I smiled.

"Will I see her again? She is really cool. She did my hair! Isn't it pretty?" She asks coming into my lap and showing me her hair.

"It's perfect. I will ask her for some tips" I say before she burst out laughing.

"No, you are not good at it. She is better than you at it" She says confidently and I nod.

The next few weeks started to go back too quickly, testing was great but the first weekend came and I was finding it hard to keep Olivia hidden with all the cameras. I ran into Claire a few times and I had my mom to help while I trained so I didn't really have a reason to see her for more than the time it takes for some small talk and she came by sometimes to be with Olivia.

I was in the garage with Olivia, Christian, and Sergio. We did the first practice and it didn't go as well as we intended. We were talking with my engineer while observing the data when I feel Olivia pulling my hand, everyone goes quiet and I look down confusedly.

"What's up baby?"

"Claire is here, can I go see her? She is really pretty, is she coming for you?" She asks looking at the paddock and I see Claire with Charlotte, Charles' girlfriend.

"She is here for Charles, he is her brother. She came to support him" I explain as she nodded.

"And can I go see her? I like her" She asks giving me her begging eyes and I almost folded but I couldn't leave and it would be too dangerous.

"There she is! The most beautiful girl of the paddock!" I hear an excited Claire say as she entered our garage opening her arms for a happy Olivia who ran in her direction.

"Claire! You are the prettiest. Look at you, I like your hair" My daughter says while running her little hands through Claire's long hair.

"Hey!" I say a little surprised.

"Hey there! I came to see how she is doing" She says with her eyes on Olivia.

"Can you be here?" I ask confusedly and look at Christian who nods.

"We have given her full access to the garage, hospitality, and motorhome. She has an offer from us on the table" Christian says and I finally understand it. My team wants her too?

"I can be whenever I want. And I will make that pretty blonde hair of yours the most beautiful one here, are you ready?" Claire asks putting Olivia down.

"Yes! Please" Olivia says jumping around and then looking at me asking for permission, followed by Claire who just gave me a small wink.

"Can I have your fabulous daughter for 15 minutes?" Claire asks getting closer and I nod.

"Be my guest. Do you know where my room is in the motorhome?" I ask and she shrugs.

"I will tell her" Olivia says holding Claire's hand.

"I will make sure nobody sees her, don't worry" Claire understood where my reticence was coming from.

"I know, I trust you, go ahead" I say and she nods picking Olivia up.

"Put this one. No one will believe Max Verstappen's daughter would wear a Ferrari jacket" Claire says putting the jacket over her back and Olivia smiles.

"Everyone is a Ferrari fan" I hear her say as they walked away.

"So... Claire Leclerc?" Christian says with an implying tone and I look seriously at him.

"Claire Leclerc nothing, she is a childhood friend and my new neighbor" I say and he nods with a cheeky smile.

"Your new neighbor who your daughter loves. You know Olivia is suspicious of people. If she takes the job with Red Bull I really do think it would be the perfect family" Christian says before calling my engineer again so we could continue our talk.