𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 54

♫ On the way home I wrote a poem
You say, "What a mind"
This happens all the time ♫

Max Verstappen POV

Our baby boy will be born in the middle of February. I made it clear to the team that I would present myself in Bahrain for the first race but I would under no circumstances attend the pre-season testing in Sakhir, I would take the time to meet my son and to help Claire. I trained hard during the winter break to ensure that as soon as he decided to be born I could stop for a moment and be there for her, which has just happened. 

I am now parking at the hospital in Monaco, our doctor quickly got out with her team and lead us to Claire's private room, she has a pretty good bed to be on, an extra king size bed was there for us and everything was prepared for our arrival. It's worth the money I'm paying.

"Oma is here" Olivia says as we see Pascale arriving, I knew Charles was in Monaco, he had just come back from Italy so he was here for a few days and he quickly followed behind in the hallway with his brothers.

"Is everything alright?" Pascale asks nervously as I gave her Olivia and her backpack.

"Yes, she is doing fine, the contractions are just starting. I will call you as soon as he is born, thank you for taking care of Olivia, this is too intense for a kid" I say thankful and she smiles.

"Family is here for that. Your family is now boarding the jet, she warned me 5 minutes ago" She says as she kisses my cheek and I nod.

"Let us know if any complication arrives, we will be here in a second" Charles says clearly stressed and I smile.

"We are in a hospital, we will be fine. Thank you" I say before heading back in she had changed clothes and was walking from side to side.

"We will check for the dilation every half an hour until it increases, we will also monitor his heartbeat to make sure he isn't under pressure but for now he is more than okay and ready to meet his loving parents" The doctor explains with a smile.

"I know, don't worry about it. I am fine, you can check whatever you want whenever you want" Claire says calmly was she came in my direction.

"What?" I ask her confusedly.

"I love you Max" She says as she hugs me and I hug her back.

"I love you more, both of you" I say as I kiss the top of her head.

"Will you love me after this? Have you seen how bodies change after a pregnancy?" She was feeling insecure and I couldn't give a fuck about that. She looked gorgeous right now.

"Every day you look even more gorgeous. After you have my son I will marry you, that's the only thing that will matter" I am confident in my words and she sits on the bed as she looked up at me.

"You already call me your wife, you need to put a ring on it to have any right to call me your wife" She teases me and I nod.

"I will make sure of it then but I will have you as my wife" I tell her and she laughs.

It took 10 hours until she finally went into labor which was scaring me. I know complications can happen but I was scared of not being enough for this little guy, of not being present for the three of them. They need me more than ever, I know I am not my father but I also know it will be difficult to be present. My hand was doing fine even with the strength Claire was putting into it. I couldn't find it in me to care. 

I just did whatever I was told to until I heard my baby boy crying, fucking hell. She did it! He is here! I kisses Claire's forehead, cheeks, and lips before they called me to cut his umbilical cord. I held him for a few seconds and she held him for a few minutes while they dried him out and his cry even slowed. They then took him to see if everything was all right.

"Thank you" I tell her as I stroke her cheeks.

"Is he okay? He looked okay" She asks nervously and I nod.

"I'm sure he is okay baby. He is perfect. Thank you! I love you so much" I say as tears fill my eyes, I was not there for Olivia's birth, Amelia made sure I wasn't allowed there, this was something else. 

I felt love for this woman, I don't care in what state she might be in. She is the person I love. She is the love of my life, my future wife, and she is the mother of my kids. There is no fucking way in hell I will ever leave this woman, I am not even sure if I can live without her.

The doctor came to talk to her and put our boy into her arms, he was now quieter and he was way more pink than before. He was gorgeous. 

I sent everyone a text on the family chat letting them know he was finally born. He was born on the 3rd of February of 2023, at exactly 2:24 AM. Everyone wanted more information like his name or pictures or anything. I told them he was perfectly fine, he was healthy and I would warn them as soon as Claire was ready for visits.

"Do you want to register him now?" The nurse asks and we look at each other.

"Yes, please" Claire answers with a huge smile.

"Can you tell me his name please?" The nurse asks and I nod.

"Abel Hervé Leclerc Verstappen" I say proudly as I see how her smile got bigger. 

"Thank you" She mouths while the nurse wrote it down.

Oh, I am fucking smitten with this woman, she gave me my son to hold as she went to the bathroom and I never felt this good in my life.

--------------------

Hello babes!

I just reached 1K followers and I want to start by thanking every single person that follows me and that reads my stories. I hope you love them as much as I do.

Every vote, comment, and message has meant the world to me and has given me much-needed motivation to keep this going.

To thank you for this amazing year and to kind of take the place of the stories about to finish I have 4 options for you to choose from so I can publish them next:

Complex with Lando Norris (and Oscar Piastri)

Tú Y Yo with Fernando Alonso

My Significant Bother with Christian Horner

Reckless with Charles Leclerc.

Every vote will be obviously counted and will decide which stories will come next for all of you to read them! Love you all very very much.