𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 25

♬ These thoughts, they got me conflicted
But it's too late, now I'm addicted ♬

Claire Leclerc POV

I wasn't stupid. He came in smelling like her trashy perfume all over, it was a weak attempt. I just hope he isn't thinking about letting her come closer to Olivia because he would have to go past me, I don't care if he is her dad, he can make mistakes but I won't let him do whatever he wants. And he is not used to that.

Lunch was over and in the Ferrari signed merch I got for her I led Olivia to the garage to see everyone race. We wished him good luck and I brought her to Ferrari's garage where my brother happily hugged me.

"Looking gorgeous as ever. Must I assume this was Claire's new work of art?" He asks kneeling to hug Olivia and then touching her braided hair.

"Yes! It is very pretty, she is very talented" She says happily giving us a twirl for him to see.

"Red looks good on both of you" Charles says teasingly and she giggles.

"Daddy wouldn't like to hear that but it's true" The little girl shrugs and we laugh.

"I have to get going! See you soon" Charles says kissing my cheek and then hers.

"Do you only know beautiful men? Your brothers are very beautiful and my dad is too" She asks curiously.

"I am friends with the other drivers and they are very handsome too. But I have known my fair share of ugly men or very handsome men who are not very nice" I explain and she listened carefully.

"I know dad doesn't seem nice, people always comment about it but I think he is way better since you arrived. He likes you, just like I do" She says holding my hand.

"Oh, Max is very nice, don't worry about it"

He is just very much unaware of human emotions, he is nice now but he was way worse before Olivia was born. Esteban is the living proof of that. He has become better, I can't believe how much he is close to Charles now. We watched the race from the second floor at Ferrari. Lorenzo and Arthur were there and they were pretty happy with Olivia's presence. She got happy anytime a car came for a pitstop and she guessed them all.

When the Max ended the race, I saw Charles and Carlos right behind him and I couldn't be happier for it. Before we went into parc fémme I exchanged the Ferrari jacket and hat for Red Bull ones so that people didn't knew how I sneaked her out of the motorhome, journalist and all respect Max but the public doesn't. They would hurt this little angel and it won't be because of me. I gave her a mask and sunglasses and it was impossible to see his face.

I went calmly to watch the podium and people didn't dare to even take a picture of us. Christian saw me and he smiled.

"Come here. She was never here, she deserves to see it first place" He says taking us to the front of the team as we waited for Max to park his car and get out. And he did.

"I can't believe I watched all of this so close" She says excitedly as Max's eyes sat on me and then he saw her on my arms and he smiled. I knew he was smiling even before the helmet was taken off, he came in our direction and hugged me and Olivia.

"Thank you" He whispers in my ear as he kisses my cheek and looks at his daughter.

"You got first daddy" She says excitedly and he nods.

"I did. And I have the best gift right here, the best hug in the whole world" He says as she leaned to hug him once again.

He greeted the team and hugged Christian before drinking his water and doing his interview. I felt his eyes on me a few times but I just focused on keeping Liv safe.

"Can we watch the podium?" She asks turning to me and I nod.

"Of course. We are here to watch it all baby" I say happily.

When the podium came we were surrounded by Red Bull team members. She clapped as each of them got on the podium and I smiled when I caught my brother looking at me proudly and I gave him a quick thumbs up. He has been doing good this season. Max came and as soon as I looked at him his eyes were already on me. And he smirked. Asshole.

Did he mean what he said yesterday? Nah, it was him teasing me. He is not this straightforward. I went with Olivia to the motorhome and put her clothes in the little bag I got for transporting the things I brought for her. I travel with a bag for her, I made Carlos and Charles sign the merch I bought for her. There is no turning back now.

I was talking to her when Max entered the motorhome and he smiled.

"I hope you kept your night free. I told you what I wanted if I won" He whispers as Liv is talking to Sergio and Christian.

"You must be kidding me, I thought you were busy making a second child with the ex" I say crossing my arms and he laughs, too much and too loud for my current mood.

"I would never touch that woman again, but congratulations. She looks like shit. I wanted to see what was the point of her being here yesterday, the security gave me her number, I called her from a public phone and met her at a park. She wanted to share custody but honestly, she wanted money and I said no to both. Are we clear?" He says and I get up from the couch as he watches every step.

"What do you want from me, Max?" I ask with a challenging tone, I wanted to seriously know. He never flirted or went further in Australia, so why not? We take a step forward and he takes three steps backward.

"Whatever you are willing to give me," He says and I see his eyes darting from my eyes to my lips.

"Sergio" I call and he looks at me confusedly.

"Yeah?" He asks coming in our direction.

"Can you keep her for the next half an hour? I need Max's help with something. I am not feeling great" I ask making a sweet voice and he nods.

"I am only leaving in an hour to avoid the heavy traffic, I will be in the cafeteria area with her" He says nonchalantly and I nod.

"You. Upstairs" I say pointing at Max who just confusedly stood in his place.

"Claire I am not-"

"I am not asking you. Upstairs. Your room" I say interrupting Max who is now dumbfounded but he quickly goes upstairs while I follow behind. This will be fun but I have no idea of what the fuck I am doing.