𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 28

♬ If you ever walk away I won't think twice
I'll go bye, bye, bye ♬

Max Verstappen POV

I was in complete astonishment when Olivia called Claire her mom, I was glad she had someone to look up to. But it solidified that if Claire left, Olivia would be heartbroken. We got to the airport, the rental was there and someone came to pick up the car so we left in silence. Olivia had fallen asleep in Claire's arms. We laid her on the couch on the plane and greeted everyone who got there a little before us.

"What happened?" Arthur asks when Claire sat with Lorenzo on one side and I sat with him and Charles on the other.

"Amelia showed up as we were leaving to come here. Olivia said Claire was her mom, I think she is just interiorizing what she heard" I say feeling nervous and insecure.

"She is not leaving, she loves Olivia" Charles says relaxed and I look at him wanting all that confidence right now.

"Do you think so? I mean it was a shock for me to raise a daughter so young but she is mine, she is my responsibility. She is not her responsibility, she can leave whenever she wants" I say feeling a huge lump in my throat as I thought of the possible scenario of her leaving.

"That is why love is fantastic. Nobody has to love a child, but she loves her. The love Olivia feels for Claire is definitely reciprocated. It is pure, it's honest and it's genuine. No games, no back and forth. Claire is not leaving. She didn't have your kid but she definitely chose to get to know her, to protect and to love her unconditionally. She is not rethinking her life decisions, she is probably just taking it in but she is not leaving" Charles says confidently and I am relieved because he knew Claire better than anyone. Those two are each other's confidant and they are attached by the hip.

The flight was almost midway when we saw Claire getting up, silence settled in as we watched her going to Olivia who had just woken up. Claire smiled and Olivia smiled too.

"Are you leaving? I know I am too much work but I swear I can be quiet and still, I can stay in my room a long time so I don't bother you. I will be the best daughter" Olivia says nervously.

"Just hear me. Hear me very well darling" Claire says seriously and I was as invested as my daughter.

"Okay" She says facing Claire nervously.

"You are not too much work. You are a kid and you will live like a kid. You will make mistakes, you will make a mess, you will get hurt, you will be loud, and you will be hyperactive. You will grow up and maybe you will be sassy and rude, maybe you will hate me as a teenager. Maybe you won't. But I will always love you. You are a great kid and I came to adore you so much in these months, I don't care what people say. I just care what you think, that is all that matters" She says holding Olivia's hand, her voice broke a few times, and I feel the tears in my eyes. Shit.

Olivia immediately hugged her and Claire smiles hugging her back. I feel Charles's hand on my shoulder and I nod. He was right, she was not leaving and I was relieved. My daughter has a mother figure.

"Dad, do you mind?" Olivia asks a few seconds later and I shake my head.

"No, why would I?" I say giving her a smile.

"Because you have to share Claire even more now" She says coming in my direction and everyone laughs.

"They are the ones who aren't used to sharing" I say pointing at her brothers who just shrug.

"We have been getting used to sharing her. She has been spending a lot of time with Olivia already" Lorenzo says calmly.

The rest of the flight was pretty calm, a lot of games were played, funny videos on TikTok were viewed and we also made a couple of new ones and we finally got to Monaco. We went to the building and after Olivia was fed, showered, and sleeping I went to Claire's door and knocked. I am met with a more sensual Claire than expected. Her hair was still wet from the shower, and the crop top and shorts she has as a pajama left little need for imagination.

"Are you done looking, neighbor?" She teases with a smirk and I nod.

"I would say yes but I am tempted to look at you like this for a while" I say honestly and she laughs.

"Well played. What brings you here? Miss me already? It has been two hours"

"I wanted to thank you, for everything. I know I have thanked you before but this is way deeper and we both know it" I say leaning on the door frame as she watched me.

"I am not doing this for you. I love her independently of any feelings I may have for you" She shrugs and I nod.

"Do you have feelings for me?" I ask interestedly and she laughs.

"Nah, I just have a thing for sucking dicks in my free time. Nothing serious" The sarcasm in her voice made me laugh.

"It would explain why you are so good at it. Did it all happen because of what I said? You know I was just flirting, I suck at it" I finally admit it and she smiles.

"You flirt? That is a new one. But I don't suck dicks in my free time so I am a natural talent. And I also don't do things I don't want to do. Relax a bit and stop overthinking everything. You are not getting rid of me anytime soon" She says tapping my arm.

"Come here" I say putting my hand in her waist and bringing her closer.

"What?" She asks confusedly.

"Thank you" I say before kissing her, I feel her hand on the back of my neck and it made me happier that I am not the only one wanting this.

"I guess I will see you around. Take this" She says giving me a key that was on one of the drawers of the entrance.

"What is this?" I ask confusedly.

"A key to my apartment. For emergencies and for my daughter to get in" She says proudly and for a second I wanted to make this woman my wife just for the words that came out of her mouth.

"She is mine too you know?" I tease her and she shrugs.

"She couldn't choose her dad, she chose me. I am the favorite Max. Deal with it. But her dad can get in too if he needs to" She says winking at me and a smile grows on my lips.

"Get some rest, you need it. The jet lag is real after such a huge flight" I say kissing her cheek and she nods.

"See you tomorrow" She says before closing the door.

I got into bed and fell asleep rather quickly. Tomorrow is another day.