𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 38

♪ I guess I learned it from my parents
That true love starts with friendship ♪

Max Verstappen POV

Being in a relationship with Claire turned into more of a PDA relationship than most would've assumed I was comfortable with. She is a very touchy person and I am a very talkative person so there are definitely a lot of videos of me talking while she touches my arm. In the months after making it official we have posted a lot of pictures, especially on her Instagram. Her photos are filled with either me, Olivia, or both of us.

We sleep in the same room when traveling for the F1. Olivia is over the moon about us being together, I think she has the family she always wanted. Claire and Olivia have definitely bonded and people already think she is her mom when they see us out. 2 months have gone by since we made it official in Spain and we are now in Hungary preparing for the race, I was starting in 10th and Charles was starting in 3rd which made Claire confident we would both reach the podium before summer break.

"Dad! Where is Mom?" Olivia asks as she entered the garage.

"Maybe at Ferrari" I answer still focused on my talk with Adrian.

"She isn't with any of the uncles. Uncle Charles thought she was here but she isn't" She caught my attention. I lift my eyes and look around, everyone seemed to aknowledge that they haven't seen her for a few hours. They shook their heads while looking around.

"I will try calling her" Sergio says picking his phone up.

"Her phone is with me" Olivia says showing us the phone that was clearly Claire's.

"Give me a few minutes to find her" I say looking at Christian, Adrian, and Helmut who nodded with no objection. They wouldn't dare.

"Do you know where she is? I looked everywhere" My daughter asks as she followed me.

"I will find Mom. When did you see her last? And where?" I ask stopping outside the garage and looking around wondering where to go from here.

"Like 2 hours ago. We ate with you, she took me to Uncle Charles's garage and she asks Uncle Lo to watch me for a few minutes" She explains rather quickly and I nod.

"Come back to Ferrari's garage, please. You shouldn't be walking around alone" I say walking there while holding her hand.

"Uncle Lo took me everywhere"

"That does sound better" I say arriving at Ferrari's garage and Charles appears.

"Can Lorenzo watch her for a few more minutes? I am going to see where she went. I never knew she could survive two hours without her phone" I joke to alleviate the mood and he laughs.

"Don't worry about it. Liv is safe here. Go, please" Charles says taking her free hand.

I kissed my daughter's forehead and leave for the motorhome. She had to be somewhere. I was almost entering my room when I heard her voice, she was there with someone. A woman, her voice sounded familiar but not enough to recognize it.

"You need to leave. Please. Max or Olivia can come here at any moment" Claire pleads and I feel a lump in my throat.

"Tell him yourself or I will. This will never work out, he will leave you in a second as soon as he finds out. You shouldn't be keeping this from him" The woman's voice showed some bitterness and I still wished she would get closer to the door so I could hear her better.

"Fuck off. I am not going to keep talking about this with you. It was an accident, get over it" She says clearly mad, the pleading seemed to be over.

"Did you happen to fall into a dick? Because that is a rookie accident, too many girls seem to be doing that a lot. Just tell him and get it over it" She says and I take two steps back in shock.

"Leave! Now! Mind your own business" Claire voice's rises and I am just thinking of what I just heard. Did she cheat? Falling into a dick has only one meaning.

"He deserved better. You know it. Just do what is right or I will tell him what I found here and recompose yourself for God's sake"

When I noticed she would be leaving the room I entered the nearest door and heard something being thrown next door. I was numb, I think my brain was still processing it all. Why would she do this? To me? And to Olivia? Why? Was it now? Of course it was. She found them now, in my room. I gave both of us a few minutes before entering my room and finding her sitting on the bed, sunglasses, and hat on.

"Olivia was worried while looking for you" I notice how it sounded cold but I didn't find it in me to care enough.

"Oh, gosh! I lost track of time. What time is it?" She asks quickly raising from the bed.

"The race starts in an hour. I think she didn't think to look here. I should go" I say turning around and walking out before I might do something I would regret.

"I will go get her. I'm sorry"

Sorry for forgetting my daughter for two hours or for whatever you are hiding? I keep the question in my mind and keep walking.

"Mom!" Olivia calls as she runs to her arms as soon as she sees her.

"I'm sorry my love" Claire says kissing her cheek.

I left for the garage. I finished the talk I was having and I prepared for the race that was about to start when Claire comes to meet me as I was about to enter the car on the grid.

"I love you" She says as she hugged me and I hesitantly hug her back. Is this the last time? It would be once the day is over.

"I love you too" I say as I looked down at her. I cup her face with my hands and kiss her. I put the helmet on and enter the car immediately after. I need a win today.