𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 22

♬ It's so insane the things we do
In the name of love ♬

Max Verstappen POV

Practice ended and I entered the garage and saw the head of security standing there. I took my helmet and baklava off and he signs me to come over.

"We would request you to head straight to the motorhome. You can do the interviews after the second practice. The FIA has given their blessing for you to skip this one without consequences" He says and I am now worried to death.

"What happened? Is it my daughter?" I ask with panic feeling my veins, all the adrenaline was gone.

"She is alright now. But you will probably want to speak to her and see how she is doing. Claire Leclerc is also there" He says and I drop my helmet and run to the motorhome. In my room, I see Claire with Olivia in her lap, I barely could see my daughter because she was curled up and sleeping.

"What happened? Please, tell me she is okay" I say worriedly with tears in my eyes.

"She is sleeping now. Sit down" She says tapping the bed, I sit down by her side and try to see something but it was worthless.

"Please- Just tell me what is happening" 

"Amelia got in. She got in the paddock, she got inside the motorhome and she was able to sneak out with Olivia. I alerted security and I ran everywhere trying to find her until I did. She is a real bitch, I have to admit that much. I screamed for Olivia and she screamed back until I found her, Amelia was holding her wrist and calling her a brat. I was blinded. Olivia tried to run to me and she didn't let go so she fell. When I finally got her to release Olivia I took a moment where she was distracted and punched Amelia" Her face seemed like she was reliving it all.

"Oh, God. Is she alright? Are you alright?" I ask worried.

"Olivia almost dislocated her wrist and shoulder but she is just sore. She is scratched from the fall and she fell asleep because crying makes everyone sleepy. I left Amelia unconscious and now that the rush is settling down my hand is hurting like hell but I would do it again" 

I felt like shit. My daughter could've been taken away from me that easily. If it wasn't for Claire my daughter would be gone by now, I am sure of it. I rested my elbows in my thighs and put my head between my hands trying to interiorize what happened while I was inside the car for an hour. I take Olivia from her arms and lay her down gently on the couch which was more than big enough for her and it was comfortable.

"It's not broken. I will go get some ice for that" I say after looking at her hand and she nods.

"The FIA said you could miss the interviews because she was supposedly banned but still got through their security, they will publically admit the fault. The rumor has gone around because they saw me running around yelling for your daughter's name. I'm sorry for that but nobody recorded us" She says when I give her the ice.

"I don't care. I am just glad she is fine, thanks to you. I can't imagine the disaster and nightmare it would be if you weren't looking for her" I say trying to dodge that thought.

"She is fine, that's all that matters" She says and I nod leaning my back on the wall.

I had lunch delivered to the room, neither one of us wanted to live. Olivia woke up and ate with us, her wrist was now bruised and she had difficulty eating with her right arm, I felt my heart breaking but Claire just cut up her food and she did everything normally. I had to leave for the second practice. When it ended I found Charles as we were heading for the media pen. I didn't even set a time because of hydraulics issues.

"Is she okay? She told me she was but I still got worried" He is obviously concerned for his little sister and I get it.

"She is fine, she punched her so hard she had to put ice on her hand. I think Amelia is way worse than her" I say letting out a laugh.

"I'm sorry they failed you this hard. Olivia didn't deserve this"

"She is strong and she will be fine. I just didn't want her to remember her mom like this. I hope she doesn't close off again because of this. She already had a hard time trusting people and I think this will only make it worse" I say honestly and he nods.

"She has everyone she needs already. She has your family, you, and Claire. All of us too of course but mainly you and Claire. She won't care in a few days, nightmares will be the worse thing she will experience" He said it and I felt comforted because it was true. 

"Max. Is your daughter alright?" The journalist asks as soon as I enter the camera's sight.

"She is alright and this is as much as I will say about this subject. My personal life will continue to be personal. There was a security breach, my daughter was superficially harmed and now she is fine and recovering" I say trying to remain indifferent.

The following questions were only about the practice and I was glad it was. I had a meeting with all the drivers that lasted almost an hour. The FIA apologized on social media and personally for the problem that ensued. A lot of things were discussed and I left to find Claire and Olivia in my room, they were cuddling up and sleeping. They had been out and playing from what I knew. 

I went to find Christian to take care of the guy who allowed Amelia to come inside and talk to Olivia, Claire gave me his name and told me he was part of our catering team, specifically in the bar. He should know better, everyone does. My daughter is only allowed to be alone with a handful of people and Amelia is blacklisted for a reason. I go inside the room once I finish talking to Christian and they had woken up. Olivia smiled and I sat by their side.

"Can we have dinner with Claire? She saved me" She asks while we prepared to leave the room so we could have dinner.

"Oh, we definitely can. Let's go" I say picking her up and covering her with my jacket before we go into the paddock. I kept Claire close to me so I would know if she was fine and if people weren't smothering her.