𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 20

♬ Can't read the signs
So I draw the line
Then you go and bend it some ♬

Max Verstappen POV

I was talking to Charles when I saw Lando joining Claire on the couch, I think I was staring because Charles turned around to follow my gaze.

"Feeling jealous?" He asks teasingly and I shake my head.

"No, it's fine by me" I stop looking at them. It doesn't bother me.

"He is getting closer, that is unexpected" Charles says crossing his arms and I quickly turn to look at them, I could only see the back of her head but she was relaxed, she was leaning on the couch and she even laughed. He started to lean closer to her face and I quickly went there.

"Having fun?" I ask sitting on the couch by her side but leaving a little distance. Lando stops what he was doing and leans on the couch, Charles comes and sits by his side.

"Definitely. I should get going, I need some rest before leaving Australia and getting jetlagged once again" Lando says getting up to leave.

"Same here" Charles says and they both kiss Claire's cheek.

Everyone left at the same time, we cleaned it very generally and sat on the couch once again. My family went to sleep and it was just us once again.

"I'm sorry to have interrupted. My legs were killing me" I say trying to be casual but she just laughs.

"Was that all?" She asks crossing her arms and looking at me skeptical.

"What more would it be to it?" I ask playing dumb. If I was jealous? Probably, I know he likes her and I don't feel comfortable with that.

"I'm glad that was all. Lando was really interested in kissing me, I thought that was what made you come over" She says and I feel my blood boiling. He wanted to kiss her? I like Lando but he is being too insistent.

"Were you going to kiss him back?" I ask nervously. Why am I nervous? I shouldn't be, she can kiss him for all I care about. She is single and so am I.

"I wasn't going to kiss him, this is Olivia's birthday party, he was just teasing you and it clearly worked" She says laughing.

"It didn't work. I wouldn't mind, you are single and so is he" I am being stupid, I know it but if I admit that I'm jealous then I have to admit this means more to me than it probably should.

"I figured as much. I'm happy it didn't mean anything. That could be complicated" She says getting up from the couch.

"Are you going to bed already?" I ask confused by her sudden will to leave and I also get up.

"My flight to Italy with Charles is at 10 AM, I should get some sleep while I still can and the glitter won't be easy to get rid of" She says going to the stairs.

"I am coming too, he is using my jet" 

"Then you should be getting to bed too. Have a good night Max" She says before entering her room and I nod.

I wash the glitter off of my face and brush my teeth. I wasn't about to shower for the third time. I will take a shower tomorrow morning. I lay down and quickly fall asleep. I woke up with Olivia getting into my bed, I kissed her forehead before cuddling next to her and falling asleep once again. 

The following day things were going really fast. I took a shower, my mom helped Olivia take her shower, Claire and my sister made breakfast and cleaned the dishes before we left while I prepared all the suitcases and put them in the rental cars. At 10 AM we were seated on the plane. The flight was long, a lot of conversations were going on and in the middle Olivia left my arms and went into Claire's lap.

"What's up baby?" Claire asks when Liv rests her head on her shoulder comfortably.

"Thank you for everything. I like you a lot" My daughter says looking up at Claire. Her eyes were shining so bright, she was happy.

"I like you a lot too. You don't need to thank me" Claire says running her hand through her hair.

"You won't leave right? You promised you would stay" She says a bit more quietly because I wasn't the only one paying attention, she noticed the quietness on the plane.

"I don't break promises, I won't leave you my liefje" Claire says smiling and starts kissing her everywhere, her face, her hands, her neck and she just giggled a lot.

"You are the best" Olivia says settling in her lap once again and Claire just brushes her hair until she falls asleep. 

She will break her heart if she leaves so I would like to believe she won't, I wouldn't forgive myself for having another woman walk out of her life. She never knew her mother but she knows Claire and her little heart will break. She will think she isn't enough and my little girl is more than enough for the right person. I am scared that the right person for her is Claire because I have been avoiding feelings for years and now she is here messing with my brain.

We arrived in Italy and said goodbye to my family who would continue the trip all the way to The Netherlands, we arrived at the hotel and checked in at the end of the day. Olivia had woken up and was now ready to sleep again. She is used to traveling but it doesn't make me feel less guilty to have her endure all this. We saw Claire a few times over the days. She would take Olivia for a walk or to have lunch and visit the city while I trained and worked.